So, I tossed and turned last night and made some compromises with the design. The original one had the benchwork too close to my work bench and that would have made me a bit crowded when working. So, I changed it around quite a bit. Here's the final layout design:
Well, I managed to work about 3 hours between yesterday and today. Got the benchwork built and ready for the legs. I was able to salvage all of the lumber from the old PDR and only had to pick up a few 1x4's. That's what the entire thing is constructed of. Doesn't need to be too heavy as I won't need to stand on this one.
So, hopefully I'll get the legs on it in the next day or so and get to start cutting out the track parts in MDF.