Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

entry 21 Oct 2011, 20:18
I can hardly believe that my last entry was back in January, ten months ago! So, what have I been doing? Since our son moved to Tenerife our travels have taken us to Aberdeen, Manchester, London, The New Forest and Tenerife. Much of the other time I have spent in the shed.

The Little Monte track scenery plasterwork was pretty well near finished fairly early in the year, but was at a near standstill until early September. I have had a bit of a mental block about how to proceed with the snow scene that I intend to finish it with. I think the block started when I painted most of the scenery various shades of grey to simulate rock faces. This looks fine, but I should have left a lot of it white instead of having to repaint a lot of areas white all over again! I know what I want to do now so hope to start the snowy bit soon.

I have started making the buildings for the village which will cover the lower section of the layout. As this is a fictitious village somewhere on the Col de Turini stage of the Monte Carlo Rally, I have based my buildings on those of the real village of Lantosque, suitably adapted to fit the spaces I have left. In such villages, optimum use is made of every available space, with buildings of all shapes and sizes crammed in wherever they may fit, and most of them seem to be supporting each other. The result is not always beautiful, but it works. Here are some of the photos that I have based my buildings on:

and not Lantosque or the Monte, but the sort of scene I would like to include!

The problem with these buildings is the size. Even at 1/50, they make the village look like a city, but I think that when they are all in place and finished it should all look ok.

The main reason for not getting on with the track and scenery was the demand for resin body shells when I let it be known on Gentlemen Drivers, a French 1/43 forum, that I was making moulds. I was making resin casts most of the summer and now have moulds for most of the cars I need for little monte.

For the last couple of weeks I have started chassis building so, hopefully, I should be able to show some working 1962 to 72 rally cars.

That's all for now, I will update as and when I have anything to show. Hopefully I wont leave it ten months next time.

All the best, Lloyd.

« Next Oldest · Lloyd.L's 1/43 Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post 21 Oct 2011, 21:11
Comment #1

Slot God
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 5,809

2012 is going to be busy, busy, busy for you Lloyd!!
Try & get back up to your home town next year so we can play cars!
Cheers,
Kev.

--------------------
Please feel free to visit my Jouef website;

www.jouefslotcars.freeforums.org
Go to the top of the page
post 21 Oct 2011, 22:02
Comment #2

Trackhead
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 13,264

Thanks Kev, I want to have it in some sort of shape by the end of this year. Now, if I spend less time on the computer and more time in the shed I might just ,,,,,,,!

See you later, Lloyd
Go to the top of the page

« Next Oldest · Lloyd.L's 1/43 Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS