SlotForum banner

Coventry Slotcar racers

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  vfr750 
#1 ·
I am an occasional rug racer (not allowed to set up too often). My principle competition is my 8 year old grand son and he has to be in bed for 8.00pm. I took him to the Quorn track but was not informed that they were only open late that day. An hour was spent in the car with a most disappointed kid
So what I want to know is - Is there anywhere nearer to home where we can race. Has anyone in or around Coventry a track where we can have regular racing?
We use RTR cars although I am now building some resin bodied and plastic kit cars with RTR chassis.
I used to race back in the 60s but do not want to go back to the rocket ship thingies even though I still have some ISO chassis and Mura motors up in the loft.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Born again

Saturday morning at Phoenix is a good way for youngsters to get involved with slotracing. Racing is typically for magnet cars though I beleive Jon Sword (who runs the club) may have introduced a non magnet rally class too, but you'll have to check up on that. There's also a dads and lads night on a tuesday evening allthough that might push your time constraints a little. Give Jon a call, I'm sure he'll be happy to talk you through it all.

Link to Phoenix page on SF

#5 ·
Hi
I don't know if it appeals, but the m.s.r.a slot-stox club run meetings in various locations around Coventry, Rugby & Leicester to name a few.
We race scale stock cars, with drivers of all ages & abilities.
Our normal season is Novenber to March with odd meetings spread through the summer.
We are running a demo meeting at Coventry Brandon stadium this saturday before the meeting proper starts, if you feel it could appeal, drop in & have a look.