SlotForum banner

Scaleauto 2012 catalogue

17K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  TeezRacer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Scaleauto catalogue (49.2MB)

Very impressive list ! I am wondering if they will really be able to release all those new models and liveries in 2012 ...

My regret is that the BMW Z4 GT3 car, winner of the Super GT championship (GT300 class), is only foreseen in 1/24 scale. I hope they add that particular livery to their 1/32 range as well.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yep I look forward to these, but as at least 2 cars originally scheduled for Dec 2011 still aren't here, I doubt all of these will be either !
A few more added to my want list, this could be an expensive year !
I don't see a 1/32 Jag on that list, please don't tell me they have dropped it

I wonder why Scaleauto doesn't have a website ?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nooooo, I had been waiting on that Jag, such a shame

I wonder how much of their business is 1:24 ? seems a heavy investment in that side, I guess higher prices of those mean more profit margin.

I also get the impression that the Radical and Merc are the only specific chassis, I think the new cars might be using the RT3 universal, reading between the lines

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Myself and another from our club (CJA) have a Merc each, standard motor & gearing is sweet, fast and punchy with a quality mesh. The chassis is a dream to set up, adjustments for axle and body float make life so much easy. To make it competative I swapped in my 'Evo' anglewider mount/set up I was using in the Slot it challange...Flat 6R and to match the rest of our club...nsr ultra grips. Plastic wheels to alloy and a couple of spring suspension kits.
The result is a sweet car to drive that is fast but not fast enough yet to win...I needs to 'get it lower' as there is a lot of top heavy weight...I'm impressed and will get the Honda when released, already have their Radical. I like what scaleauto are doing for club racers...my favourite manufacturer at the moment but please lets hane some slimline motor mounts for these cars...see Mrslotcar...thats the way to go!!!! and another story...eh CJA???

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Slimline ? nah don't need that nonsense

I echo the comment with the chassis, IMO one of the best chassis for club racing for a while.
Which is why it would be a pity if they use universal ones in future releases having set a great standard with the Radical and Merc.

#13 ·
QUOTE (Saviour @ 28 Jan 2012, 19:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now that's waht I call a Catalogue. Everything you want to know and more.
Great looking cars.
So, Why do they not have a web site?

I think they don't have a website simply because they are small.

Just like H+T, German importer of several makes, is now the owner of MRCC, Scaleauto is owned by IBB Auto Racing which is, I believe, linked to CricCrac (Spanish shop).

#15 ·
QUOTE (strongbow @ 28 Jan 2012, 09:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did anyone get one of the recently released 1:32 Mercedes SLS GT3s? How do they go? Curious.
I ran mine at our races last night: after replacing the plastic wheels with good aluminium ones and a bit of tweaking, it is one of my fastest cars on a technical wood track. The handling is quite outstanding and it is extremely smooth and quiet. It is faster than all but two of my NSR's (P68 and now a new Audi) and faster than any Slot.it I have. My closest Slot.it on our track is my GT40 and that is a 1/10 of a second behind the Mercedes.

Quite spectacular car and beautiful to boot. Got a lot of attention last night.

#20 ·
That is a really good line-up IMHO. Good to see they are adding more 1/24ths-hopefully this means they are selling well! In 1/32nd,I think the Spyker is a really crafty choice-a shame they have dropped the Jag. All they need now are some open-wheelers!
TED...

#22 ·
They do have a website. It´s as mentioned above www.ibbautoracing.com . Apart from being the distributor of several makes such as NSR in Spain I believe they have Scaleauto, MSC Competition, DS racing products and Top slot as their own brands.

#23 ·
It will be interesting to see how accurate the cars are. The Pagani Zondas are lovely cars but looking closely the 1:1 cars have different mirror placement, different side air intakes, different front grill treatments, different rear wings. It will be impressive if both models reflect those differences and a mistake by ScaleAuto in showing the photos rather than artist's impressions if they use the same mould.

Let's see how dedicated they are.....

#24 ·
I guess it depends on wether they model a road going version or the race versions .... MB-Slot modelled the road car with race wing if I recall correctly.
TBH the Zonda has been done pretty well by MB Slot, why do it again ? I would much rather have the Jag as only Scaley do that, no decent racing orientated makers.

#25 ·
Regarding the Jag, Scaley isn't doing it. They just put the GT2 livery on the GT3 car. It is only available in a digital set and it has black windows. Too many drawbacks to try to get hold of one.

Now the good news, I read from IBB that the Jag has been postponed rather than scrapped, so keep fingers crossed, maybe next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.