SlotForum banner

Carbon Fiber Chassis Slot Car

17K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  frost1steve 
#1 ·
Hello there

Im just curious to know, whether is there any carbon fiber chassis for slot cars? like those of an RC car
. If there is can i know who amnufacture them?

Im thinking bling bling on the car hahaahah

Regards

Roy

See less See more
#3 ·
There was a German company offering cars with carbon fibre chassis. Can't remember if they were 1/32 or 1/24. I think you could say they were positioned at the upper end of the market! I looked at their website last year, but can't find the link - sorry.

David

#5 ·
Woowooahhhhh

Double crown and double motor. How fast are these monsters? I saw their site, but they are in German. Wonder they can send postage to my country though. Will you get a real significant advantage in handling compare to those of composite plastic like the Slot.it HRS2?

THanks

Regards

Roy

#8 ·
People have been trying duel motor designs in different configurations since the 60s. I have yet to see a design that works. For 1/32 scale slots there is a simple rule that faultlessly works. KISS. If you dont believe in KISS buy one of those G-slot cars and see what happens.

cheers
rick1776

#20 ·
The G slot cars work excellent if set up correctly and especially with foam rear tyres. I have successfully built a 1/24 carbon fibre chassis running a lexan Matich sr4 body and it's a missile and handles like a dream. Prior to building this my best lap time on my homemade track, timber 3 lane with Ferrador surface, was a 6.21 seconds. Second lap with cf sr4 was 5.01. I have also built a 1/24 scale lotus 40 hard body with a circuit board chassis that circulates at 5.4 on my track. So yes it can be done BUT carbon fibre is messy and dusty to work with especially with a dremel. P.s. Both these builds run sidewinder set up because that's whst i prefer.

#9 ·
Hi guys
I,ve been building C/F cars for the last 3 years for early birds meeting but unlike the german one shown here the ones i build are all carbon fibre including the motor mpounts andaxle holders
Ther are constructed like metal chassis but use sheet carbon fibre and stuctural adhesive as usede on full size race cars
They certainly are stong enough but for various reasons havn,t been notably succesful although they are very accelerative and stop well due to their light weight

Cheers tony

#10 ·
Hi, that Merc looks like a serious bit of kit. At 259 Euros i suppose it should be. Very nice. How does it run?

Regards, rooster364.

Manufactured in a small series with the help of precise CNC lasers, milling and turning technology, our Topfuel Slotcars is manufactured exclusively in manual work. With the development of these Slotcars without exception High ending components are used. Usere Slotcars are characterised by a long life span and a high Exclisivität. With that material and technique selection are developed all components uncompromisingly for the hard running employment. The handling of our Topfuel Slotcars is to be compared with no Slotcar from the box. The achievement development of the drive is brutal. Even without magnet and without taring weights they are fullly on the course and are already well controllable. This is a consequence of the extremely deeply lying emphasis, which was calculated computer-assisted. The chassis is made here as with no chassis otherwise, completely of high-strength CFK carbon. This again developed chassis offers some outstanding characteristics. Like e.g. highest stability with a Crash and nearly unlimited durability. The material carbon offers very high Festigkeitseingenschaften, with at the same time much higher elasticity anti-vibration affects itself and the handling additionally positively affected. Into the engine owner for improved heat dissipation an engine cooling radiator was integrated Finest construction units make these racers perfectly one on the other co-ordinated a really noble 1:32 `it for Slotcar. These vehicles are not available in the trade. The technical characteristics are: * Completely CNC and laser manufactured vehicle components * Small attitude of the rotary masses * Gelaserte purifies chassis made of carbon CFK * Aluminum rims also finished polished local man tire on the rear axle * on the front axle O-ring tire * Metrically, thus good exchangeability bolts all vehicle parts * Both axles fully running in ball bearings (Abec 7) * Independent suspension in front with nearly all models * 3 mm hardened and polished axles from highly alloyed silver steel * Running engine Mabuchi 13D Cheetah II 35000 rpm or Fox 13D 25000 rpm with 12 V, firmly bolts and simply to exchange (run with 9 V into oil) * Transmission of sigma (bolted) * Of the chassis body for more mechanical Grip oscillation-decoupled * All models are appropriate for the enterprise with magnet or weights * Yardstick 1:32 mobile on all two-conductive strips * Laid out for an operating voltage of 12-15 V. The transmission of our Topfuel model originates from the house sigma.

#12 ·
Wow more info popping up. hehehe

Thanks you all. Do this german company sell to other countries?

rooster364, where did you get the CAD design? from the site? looks pretty cool though.

I think i'm gonna try with Artslot idea of making your own chassis board. lol... Where can i get those carbon fiber sheet?

Regards

Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.