SlotForum banner

Slot.It RELOADED

14K views 67 replies 35 participants last post by  CJA 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

NEW CAR - NEW MOTOR - NEW IDEAS!
Check out what Slot.It reloaded is really all about...

Slot.It RELOADED

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks like a performance slotcar.
I wondered when a manufacturer would use a performance version of the slimline motor as an angle winder.
Well done slotit ......for getting me reaching for my credit card.

#4 ·
This is NOT a customized FF-050 , it's a totally new design to Slot.it's specs - and, as I understand, exclusive to them

Going back to my experience on 1/24 scale, where switching from the tall 26D to the low profile 16D made a huge difference in handling, I'm excited - this could well be a quantum leap (not that this would be unusual, for Slot.it)

Beppe

#5 ·
Correct Beppe, it is ALL new and designed specifically to Slot.It spec.
All patents applied for of course

I also agree this is a pinnacle for motor design and race set up.

#7 ·
If you look closely on the Slot.it website, you see that there are 3 variants of the new "slim" boxer.

Flat6 20.500RPM 200gr/cm
Flat6R 23.000RPM 250gr/cm 6gr magnetic traction
Flat6R 23.000RPM 250gr/cm 22gr magnetic traction

The use of the new anglewinder motor mount should be possible in other SI cars.

Availible??

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (knight rider @ 7 Feb 2008, 11:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK, very good presentation, but a few questions:-

1) do we know what RPM motors they are ??
2) is there 2 different types of motor ???
3) can you use an old body with the new chassis ?
4) when will they be available ??
5) will you be able to use the angle winder mount in other slot.it cars ??

1) Flat6 and Flat6R stats...
MN09H
Flat-6 20,500rpm - 200g*cm @12v
10g magnetic traction

MN11H
Flat-6R open can 23,000rpm - 200g*cm @12v
22g magnetic traction

MN11C
Flat-6R closed can 23,000rpm - 200g*cm @12v
6g magnetic traction

2) See above, actually 3 versions.

3) No the chassis and body are completely different. Only the screen is the same. Racing pack parts (screen/rear foil/mirrors and ariels) will fit fine.

4) Flat6 and roll out Audi will be available by the end of this month.

5) Yes, the Flat6 has three pairs of mounting holes to adjust height. The new anglewinder mount that also comes for this motor has an adaptor to assist in normal or offset form.

In addition there are 3 new small diameter spur gears for the angle winder set up. Coming in 24/25/26 tooth they are almost half the diameter of the existing ones. A new sized pinion in 11/12 tooth variations is also coming.

Pictures are going into the gallery constantly and will be moved into posts during the next few days at regular intervals.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am very excited with these new motors. A bit more power than the short can and stronger magnetic traction, but not really the power (torque) of a long can. With respect to the long can they have the advantage of less weight.
This will change the handling of the cars.

What is the weight of these motors?

I am very curious about how the performance for rally compares with the boxer. It is clearly a new species of motor.
More variety in handling, more fun.

#15 ·
Maurizio looks very proud in the video, and he should be! The Audi looks even better, if it can be. The new motor should be a really nice package. He just keeps hitting home runs one after the other. I am extremely excited to see the Audis being re-engineered for new release. I probably won't even take advantage of the sidewinder capability, but I am sure they will go like stink on my home track anyway.

#20 ·
Well I'm planning on buying one, probably two, of these Audis together with a Slot.it controller to race at my local club. I just need to be sure that the car and motor configuration is allowable in the classes they race. Slot.it cars rule the roost there! They have a separate class for NSR Moslers.

#24 ·
I have a question about the new Flat-6 motor. Is the new angle winder kit the only one that takes advantage of the motors slim profile?

Slot.it has stated it is compatible with other motor pods but I expect that when it is bolted into a standard boxer pod there will be a 1mm space under the motor. Is this correct or am I missing something?

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am fairly new into slots. I used to have womps when i was a teenager but my son just loves them and so i got re-interested. I forgot just how much fun they are. My brother and i have rekindled something from the past and as you do when you start something new you look at all the cars that are available and some that aren't. I saw so many cars that I kind of liked and then i saw a picture of THIS car but alas it was sold out. You can't imagine my happiness at being able to get what i consider to be the most beautiful slot of all....The snetterton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.