SlotForum banner

6th edition DiSCA Le Mans 24 hours

26K views 119 replies 34 participants last post by  reflexuk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Running for the 6th time on oXigen, with the support of Slot.it and in association with DiSCA, I am pleased to publish registration information for the 2017 Le Mans 24 hours.

Teams of between 3 and 6 drivers are invited to register.

Dates:
The race will take place 1st-2nd April 2017. Free practice and qualifying session will take place on the preceding Friday.

On Friday 31st March the track will be open for free practice, night time qualifying and a support race for 1990's GT cars to the same 2-man/1hr race format we use for the GT Euroseries events. Details of the support race will follow in a separate topic.

A full schedule for the weekend is given in the sporting regulations.

Venue:
HENLEY SPORTS CENTRE,
STRATFORD ROAD, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN
WARWICKSHIRE, B95 6AB
UNITED KINGDOM

The venue is a modern sports and leisure facility with ample off-road parking and nearby amenities. Access to the sports hall will be as follows;

FRI 12:00-00:00
SAT 09:00 to SUN 18:00

Hot and cold food and drink will be available during these times.

Regulations:
Cars may be entered in either of the following three categories;
Le Mans Prototype P1 - 2009 - 2016
Le Mans Prototype P2 - 2009 - 2016
Le Mans Grand Tourisme - 2012 - 2016

Each category is limited to a maximum of nine cars.
  • Cars must have a plastic chassis
  • Control motor (Slot.it Flat 6 or V12/4 23000rpm) supplied
  • Control tyres supplied
  • A permanent light kit is required
The technical regulations in full and a presentation featuring eligible cars is attached to this post. Please check periodically that you have the latest version.

Awards:
Overall race winner
Top three finishing positions in each category
Fastest single lap time set in official qualifying
Best presented car (concours d'elegance)
'Spirit of Le Mans' trophy

To register a team for this event you will need to complete our online form: CLICK HERE

You must specify the car and category you wish to enter at the time of registration.

You must also reference the 1:1 Le Mans car that your car is modelled on by giving the year and racing number. This is to avoid duplicate paint schemes. The website RacingSportsCars.com will be used as the official source of reference. Paint schemes will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. All form submissions are time stamped.

The registration fee is £225.00 to be payed in full by 31st January 2015.
A deposit of £25.00 is required with registration.

Due to the current instability of GBP in the forex market, fees are fixed in GBP ONLY for this year's race.

Payment via PayPal, bank transfer, personal cheque.

Registration will not be considered official until a deposit has been received.

The first 16 teams to register will be entered into the race.

Any additional teams, after the 16 places are taken, will be added to a reserve list (maximum of 4). In the event that a registered team defaults, the first reserve will take their place. If a registered team does not process payment in full by 31st January, the first reserve will be invited to take their place. Non-competing reserve teams will have deposits refunded in full one week before the race.

Each team will receive an official sticker kit for their car which must be applied as per the regulations.

Final instructions, including provisional entry list, level of race firmware for chip and controller, and any travel considerations will be issued to team captains 14 days before the race. Each driver will be awarded a copy of the official DiSCA race programme on arrival at the sports hall.

Hi-res and large format copies of the event poster are available on request.

Gary or Alex will be happy to answer any queries here on the forum, via PM, or via email at officialdisca@gmail.com

You can also reach us via social media;
CLICK HERE for Facebook
CLICK HERE for twitter, or tweet @officialdisca
or, visit our website

Attached below are the full technical regulations, sporting regulations, and list of eligible cars.

Good luck to all

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys
Deposit paid and entry form completed.

Stryker Racing with Audi Sport and Slotfabrik are pleased to announce we will be returning for the 2017 running of this superb event. We will be running the Audi R18 2016 No.7, in the Silverstone bodywork. This is a photo I took after it won the race (and then was disqualified) under the podium.

Kind Regards
Jon
Stryker Racing with Audi Sport and Slotfabrik

#9 ·
Hi everyone

Thank you all for your entries! I'm pleased to say the 16th and final team registered with a timestamp of 14:47:28, less than three hours after registration was opened.

PROVISIONAL GRID

1 S-Slot Racing NLD PORSCHE 919 LM P1
2 California Slot ESP AUDI R18 LM P1
3 BB Slot ITA LOLA B12/60 LM P1
4 Spirit of Denmark DNK TOYOTA TS040 LM P1
5 Rockingham GBR TOYOTA TS030 LM P1
6 Olifer Racing PRT PESCAROLO LM P2
7 Stryker Racing with Audi Sport and SlotFabrik GBR AUDI R18 LM P1
8 TA71S Works ITA FORD GT LM GT
9 Gasclavat ESP FORD GT LM GT
10 Posillipo Slot Club ITA FERRARI 488 LM GT
11 Hopeful Six GBR FERRARI 458 GTC LM GT
14 North Staffs GBR SRT VIPER LM GT
15 AbsoluteSlotRacing GBR ASTON MARTIN LM GT
16 Demon slot racing GBR AUDI R18 LM P2
17 DiSCA Proton DEU PORSCHE 991 RSR LM GT
18 GSM Gruppo Slottistico Il Miglio ITA ASTON MARTIN LM GT
20 Safety Car

If I may comment on the entry list, wow!
Superb! We have a Porsche, Audi and Toyota in P1 - just like the real thing! More than one, in fact. And just look at that GT field! Every year I say it, but this could be the greatest variance in the field we have seen to date. The Saleen's may be gone but we see not one, but two BRAND NEW Ford GT cars from The Area 71 Slotcars and Gascalavat (Arrow Slot). An interesting entry too from Posillipo Slot Club - The new Ferrari 488.

I am very pleased to see both Posillipo and GSM return after their unfortunate retirements in the 2016 edition. Welcome back gentlemen.

The P2 field is a little light, but Olifer Racing and Demon Slot are both experienced enough to give each other a good fight. It's an open vs closed LMP duel..

A special welcome to the 24hrs for rookies Olifer Racing, Spirit of Denmark, Rockingham and Demon Slot who race with us for the first time. Although - it would be fair to say that there are some old hands in the last two mentions

Game on!

#12 ·
Hi Jon

Any prototype car may be entered in either category providing it meets the technical specification. Many cars cross over in 1:1, the Lola and Pescarolo being examples. For 1:32 we have extended the crossover to any car.

I believe this is the first year that we have not had a Corvette on the grid - apart from in 2013 where the time period we had chosen did not permit them.

For anyone who has missed out, we will be taking reserve entries for up to four further teams.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, the TA71S boys have been busy of late, developing and testing the new Ford GTLM - as you can see, the project is a lot further along than many might've thought...

(photo courtesy: Phil Upton)
...and, even in 'disruptive testing camo' livery, it's hard to miss.

The majority of testing so far has been done in private, on Carrera club tracks local to me in Germany, and pointed to this model being a very smooth, stable performer; just what we'll need on the huge DiSCA La Sarthe circuit! My recent visit to Molesey for their Brian George Memorial race gave me the perfect opportunity to do a little more testing on their tighter Ninco layout... a few mods to the guide setup were needed to deal with those particular curves us Carrera-fans never get to enjoy/endure, but it's still a very reassuring and balanced car to pilot. So, I decided this weekend would be a great time for the GTLM to finally break cover and greet it's public for the first time - and, despite not competing, it generated a fair bit of interest... so much so that I was permitted to sneak it into the post-race display line-up for a photo shoot... thanks, Phil!

And, before anyone asks... yes, that decal wrap was an absolute b*gger to apply, but that was only down to the awkward shape of the car, not the quality of the decals - thanks once again to SF's Wraith for speedy decal printing services. I've plenty more pics to add, and as soon as I get them off my phone, I'll have them uploaded here to share.

#17 ·
Hello everyone! Time to check in for the start of the new year and give a few updates regarding the Le Mans 24 hrs.

Most of the team's preparations have been shared among the usual social media channels as well as in the Suzuka 6 hrs topic, this event due to take place at the end of this month. If you haven't been following then this is the kind of thing that's being shared among the entrants;

Stryker Racing Audi R18

The Area71 Slotcars Ford GT

The end of the month is also the time we would expect to see the payments in full from all of the registered teams. The deadline is 31st January so please don't miss it!

With this reminder I must also bring news that we have unfortunately lost the California Slot Audi R18 from the P1 grid. California Slot and the slotdigital.com team have supported this event since it's inception in 2012 and DJ's team will definitely be missed in the paddock. Hopefully we'll see them again in the future and we wish them the best with the Spanish oXigen endurance championship for 2017!

With every set back comes an opportunity, so we will be advertising the vacant grid slot to be filled by any budding entrants
We have received interest from a Swiss team over the holiday period but so far as I write this the space is still available, so if you are somebody that you know would like to take part in the DiSCA Le Mans 24 hours then please contact us at officialdisca@gmail.com

#18 ·
The vacant space has been filled by debutantes The Valley Commandos, who will field a Lola Aston Martin prototype. An updated entry list with race numbers / oxigen IDs will be published after final payments have cleared at the end of the month!

#20 ·
Hello folks, Team Valley Commandos checking in as a late replacement after one team sadly had to drop out. Leon (PSCC Wales) was onto Gary to fill the spare slot like a shot to book us the place. I did fancy entering the first running of this race, sadly it was a little bit too close to my wedding date! We've heard great stories of the event via the Demon, North Staffs and Rockingham lads and have followed the threads with great interest, so we are really looking forward to the first weekend in April.

We are currently looking into running the no 22 Aston Martin Lola as run by Team Kronos in the 2011 race.

We've got a lot of work to do in the coming week, to see what will and won't work for us. we really hope to make this car viable. It's going to be a steep learning curve, so please be patient with our questions.

The team name? It's a local name for our friends from up the valleys of south Wales. It's all done in good humour, and is one of the less offensive names we came up with at short notice. We're both shy retiring wall flowers, so you may not even notice us at the event.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone

After a great weekend's racing at SRC Eindhoven for the Suzuka 6h, it's time to turn attention towards the Le Mans 24 hours in April.

With all entries confirmed and fees accounted for, I'm pleased to post the official entry list. Unfortunately we have lost both the California Slot Audi R18 (as mentioned previous) and now The Area71 Slotcars Ford GT, but that open the door for The Valley Commandos in P2 and Swiss Slot Racing in P1, both looking to field the Lola Aston Martin. And why not, it was the winning car at Suzuka last Sunday
wink.png

Official Entry List - 02/02/17

It's a great mixed field
smile.png

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.