Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> slot.it light kit
mjack777
post 14 Feb 2008, 16:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,703

Hello all, new guy here. I have a Fly Capri Turbo, and im installing the slot.it light kit.

I have a couple questions. The two wires off the circuit are both red. Which is which and where do i run them?To the motor, or
to the wires on the slot guide?

Looks like this chassis was built with an option to mount headlights since the predrilled holes line right up. I will have to grind
away some of the interior around the driveshaft tunnel to fit the circut board. Such a pretty car, hate to do it...but these lights should look great!

thanks for the help,

MJACK
Go to the top of the page

+
Swissracer
post 14 Feb 2008, 16:57
Post #2

Allan Wakefield
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 5

They (the cables) are designed to plug into the guide when installed on a Slot.It car. But either end of the 'motor to guide' cables is fine. As for connection, if they don't work first time - swap them round smile.gif

There are easier kits to fit into Fly cars, having a smaller board.
It is a shame to cut up a nice interior, and also risk the handling.

I have an Amos light kit you are welcome to if you prefer, then you can save the Slot.It for a Slot.It car smile.gif

PM me if interested.

--------------------
" Life isn't about how many breaths you take, it is about how many moments take your breath away."

+
beach cruiser
post 14 Feb 2008, 21:30
Post #3

Trackhead

Member No.: 1,272

If it is the Fly Capri I am familiar with it is a great fun car, and was selected car of the year in some German slot mag, a good while ago.

It is available with lights in some liveries, so the replacement parts for the lighted cars will fit right into your body. They are custom fitted for the car and designed to be installed on a production line, so the fitting is really simple.

They are much like the more common Scalextric lights, a dedicated shaped circuit board on each end of the car, for each set of lights.

Unlike the Scalextic, most run working brake lights , not just tail lights. They stay lit when off the track for a while, and do not follow the throttle in brightness. Your Capri will have bright front lights, working brake lights, and taillights when the brakes are not on. A nice display all around , really making this an outstanding car when in motion.

Some Fly light kits(replacement parts to the dealer) come with all needed wires, some incorporate mini plugs, for removing the body, and some come with incorrect wiring diagrams, just to keep it real.

Just remember to get both front and back parts, they are split up in two parts, front and back, unlike the Slot -it which run wired LED's to the corners from a central board.

+
strongbow
post 14 Feb 2008, 23:09
Post #4

Racer Dude

Member No.: 7,706

Sorry for stealing the thread, but I have a related question (noob probably). I own an A2003 Porsche GT1 Evo and was thinking about buying the rear + front light kits for it. The question is, how difficult is it to install them into the car? Will it incorporate drilling the car's body?

+
Boyshkin
post 15 Feb 2008, 15:04
Post #5

Tea Boy

Member No.: 8,669

Is there room for a Carrera digital132 board inside? Bet you could just replace the slot it board and cut a few holes in the bottom and............................

--------------------
Carrera D132

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 14:14
© SlotForum Copyright Notice - Please Read / © Aviso de copyright SlotForum - Léanlo, por favor / © A proposito del Copyright del contenuto di Slotforum - Per favore leggere attentamente