17 replies to this topic

#1 GetSlotted

GetSlotted

Trackhead

• Retailers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

Slot It challenge round 5 will take place on the 6th and 7th of September.

Club Address
Pendle Slot Racing Club
Unit 1, Colbran St, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 8LH

Directions
From M65 Eastbound exit at junction 13. Take the right lane on the Slip road and at the Roundabout take the fourth exit under the motorway bridge. Stay in the left lane and at the next roundabout take the first exit onto Reedyford Rd. Follow for mile & continue straight across the mini roundabout. At the second mini roundabout Turn left and past the telephone box (BT). After the first block of houses take the first left onto Colbran Street. You have arrived at your destination. The Club is in the building on the left and is situated on the first floor.

From M65 Westbound exit junction 13. Take the left hand lane on the Slip Road and take first left of the Roundabout onto Reedyford Road. Follow for mile & continue straight across the mini roundabout. At the second mini roundabout Turn left and past the telephone box (BT). After the first block of houses take the first left onto Colbran Street. You have arrived at your destination. The Club is in the building on the left and is situated on the first floor.

Track Infomation
Lanes: 5
Length: 109ft
Surface: MDF gloss
Rails: Copper tape

Set up Tips
Chassis
Offset sidewinder motor mount with or without suspension. Track is smooth so no big advantage either way.
Tyres
NSR ULTRAGRIPS are the ones to use. Extremes seem to work ok on lower powered cars.
Motors
The 35K scaleauto can be used but is a bit of a hand full at times. The New Slot it 29k/3 is very quick but is a little more drivable than the 35K. If you want a car that is nice and steady but still competitive then, either the Slot it 25k/3 of Scaleauto 28K. A few club members have managed a anglewinder set up with a 25k Scaleauto or Slot It Boxer.
Gearing
The track very flowing and depending on which motor you chose to go with either 10z or 12z with either of the 3 Slot It 18mm Sw gears working well round Pendle. Depends on your driving style.
Guides
Guides aren't an issue on this track.
Power
The track runs off a 13.8 volt car battery with a trickle charge attached.
Cars
As for cars Either the Nissan or the Jag seem to be the favourate among drivers at the moment and will work well round Pendle.

If there is anything I have missed just drop me a mail and il be more than happy to help.

Accomodation and evening meal.
Accomodation and evening meal will be at the Crown Hotel. Once fully booked alternative accomodation can be found at the following places.

Rowan House
Harrison Drive, Colne, BB8 - 01282 870937.

Hare and Hounds
Skipton Old Rd, Foulridge, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 7PD - 01282 864235

R and S Boothman
Red Lane, Colne, BB8 - 01282 863121

Travelodge
Cavalry Barracks, Barracks Rd, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 4SB - 0870 191 1625‎

Premier Inn
Queen Victoria Rd, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 3EF - 0870 197 7045

If anyone can't find any accomodation please give us a call.

With thanks Nic thumbsup.gif

#2 welsh wisard

welsh wisard

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hi Nic

Did you had a good Holiday here in Wales, hope it didn't rain too much!
Book myself and Craig in please plus the evening meal. It will be the first time we have raced at Pendle. Looking forward to it!!!

Regards

Steve.
I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter!

#3 My Fault

My Fault

Paul Charlton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hi Nic,

Please add,

Steve Hills,
Don Stanley,
Dave Pepper,
James Hunt,
Toby Pawson (junior),
Ian Pawson,
Mark Sanderson,
Paul Phillips and,
Paul Charlton thumbsup.gif .

We will all be attending the meal as well, cheers smile.gif .

See you all soon,

Mr C.
Paul Charlton @ Pinewood Raceway
1/32nd Racing, Monday nights from 7.00pm till 9.30pm,
with Practice/Testing MOST Thursdays from 7.00pm

#4 DR STICKY

DR STICKY

Trackhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

oh! go on then suppose I better turn up for this one
"IF" mamdam Sticky will let me and has not booked an more Hols far away from slot car tracks
see you all then

Robbo

DR STICKY aka Robbo

#5 wibbly

wibbly

Dave Young

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

Nic

The usual Slotmaniacs will be there

Drivers..(3)

Lee Andrews
Richard Welsh
Dave Young

Eating..(4)

Lee Andrews
Mark Andrews
Richard Welsh
Dave Young

Look forward to seeing you all up't north biggrin.gif

#6 GetSlotted

GetSlotted

Trackhead

• Retailers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:04 PM

Just so everyone know. The Crown Hotel is now fully booked.

Also Drivers entering from Pendle.

Nic Hirst
Andy Green
Mike Green
John Ford
Paul Cash
Thomas Beckwith (J)
Paul Beckwith (G)

Nic

#7 GetSlotted

GetSlotted

Trackhead

• Retailers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Accomodation at the Crown Hotel is now fully booked but we still have spaces available for the meal on saturday evening.
If you are looking for accomodation close to the Crown Hotel so that you can stagger home after the evening meal and a few beers wacko.gif I would suggest trying the Rowan House B&B as this is the closest (see initial post for contact details). biggrin.gif
Nic

#8 Yellow Racer

Yellow Racer

Racer Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Hi Nic

The following drivers from North Staffs will be racing

Shaun Mitchell (also meal)
Mark Probert (with Karen for meal)
Gareth Jones
Chris Lyons
John Bould
Rob Lyons
Mark Wain
Clair Bailey
John Bailey
James Lyons (junior)

See you all over the weekend

John

VALE TIL I DIE

#9 GetSlotted

GetSlotted

Trackhead

• Retailers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hi John thanks for the list of Drivers. We now have 40 entrants so far for round 5. Will see you then. Just over two weeks to go.

#10 Deslotit

Deslotit

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hi Nic,

Please add, Russell P to the list. Hopefully there is still a places avalible for the meal.

Thanks.

#11 GetSlotted

GetSlotted

Trackhead

• Retailers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Just so everybody knows.

Club opening times over the weekend will be 10am till 5pm on the Saturday, 9am till finish on the Sunday.

#12 Dave Wisdom

Dave Wisdom

Team Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Just to say a BIG thank you to everyone at the Pendle Club for organising such an enjoyable a well run event. smile.gif

Best Wishes,
Dave

#13 My Fault

My Fault

Paul Charlton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:13 AM

Would like to add my thanks to the Pendle club for another great Slot.it Challenge event and the last on their great track lmfao.gif < I'm sure the new track will be just as good thumbsup.gif .

Thanks also to the ladies in the Kitchen for the Tea, Coffee and the Toasties clap.gif .

Well done to Nic Hirst on his Senior win, Mark Brandwood making the A-Final, great drives, Mr Mitchell with his Angle winder Mclaren clap.gif clap.gif . Don Stanley drove well after a low key qualifing run, 14th I think to finish 7th overall clap.gif . Dave Pepper did a great job as well, 23rd we think..... thumbsup.gif .

Tom Beckwith won the Juniors, with the returning Nathaniel getting second spot, Lewis getting 3rd clap.gif clap.gif , great racing all day. With his 4th place finish though, Pinewoods young Toby Pawson has won the Junior Slot.it Challenge for 2008 clap.gif clap.gif , well done mate, all your own work thumbsup.gif .

Can we do the Wolves round next week question.gif ................ lmfao.gif .

All the best, Paul C.
Paul Charlton @ Pinewood Raceway
1/32nd Racing, Monday nights from 7.00pm till 9.30pm,
with Practice/Testing MOST Thursdays from 7.00pm

#14 welsh wisard

welsh wisard

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Well done Sean,Nic and the ladies for an excellent weekend. biggrin.gif Loved the track it's a shame it will be dismantled soon mad.gif
Nice to have plenty of pitting space rolleyes.gif Also well done to all the medal/trophy winners, great driving skills with some well set up cars. Wish I could do the same!! dry.gif

Looking forward to Wolves next couple of weeks.
Regards

Steve.
I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter!

#15 GetSlotted

GetSlotted

Trackhead

• Retailers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

First of all I would just like to thank all those that attended last weekends Slot it Challenge at Pendle. As mentioned it will be the last time we will race on the super smooth Pendle track as we will have a new Venue and track for next year.

I would like to congratulate, Shaun Mitchell for his impressive 3rd place against the home drivers. Well done to Mark Brandwood who had is best ever finish in the Slot it challenge to Date.

As for the Juniors well done to Tom Beckwith on his first win in the Slot it challenge (Hopefully more to come), and to Nathanial Rigg who finished second after just over a years break from racing. Nathanial would have finished fourth overall if competing against the seniors.
Congratulation to Toby for taking this years Championship title already with one round still to go. Glad your still a Junior for a few more years.

Thanks to Paul Charlton for help with the saturday practice and Sean Fothersgill for helping run the meeting on the Sunday. Also for Mum, Aunt Christine, Karen and Sunicha for doing a great job in the Kitchen.

See you all in Wolverhampton on the 25th and 26th October for the last round of 2008.#
Nic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users