Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Scalextric track pieces
ozslot72
post 31 Aug 2009, 07:34
Post #1

Tea Boy

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,970

Hi all,Ive been trying to find any pictures or how to's on anyone doing custom lane change track pieces and pits etc for scalextrics,or if
anyone knows of people selling any different track pieces to fit scalextric.
Also came across a site catalogue for scalextric and there was a section that goes from 2 rails into 1 in the form of a Y so
you could do chicanes,it said it was scalextric s brand from france,anyone heard of these.
Go to the top of the page

+
miveson
post 31 Aug 2009, 10:48
Post #2

Trackhead
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 8,469

OzSlot,

I don't believe any of the sport track which is compatible with digital came in a Y, I think these types of track sections (LeMans starting grids, Chicane's etc) were made from classic scalex track (not compatible with digital unless you want to use a digital to classic conversion kit).

The following post details the work that some members have completed in converting 2 CLC to a racing line lane change section.

Cheers

Mark

--------------------

+
ronMcRain
post 31 Aug 2009, 12:56
Post #3

Team Owner

Member No.: 3,751

How's This>> .. there are a lot of very useful topics, in Tracks & Scenery Index.

Also, take a peek Here>> .. Basteiltips>> Streckenteile>> Boxengasse>> .. A-how-to-do- in german ..

Reg. the 2-to-1 lane piece, ozslot .. you're not wrong. This>> is a great source for info. #091022 [Made in France] is the subject.

BUT, to me [a former electrician] this must be the other way around .. if analog, which I presume this is!?! The lanes can't be isolated from each other, thus they are *one & same* you can only run one car on it, but you could add interest to a track by using it as an entry to an obligatory de-tour. Or flipped opposite way, as part of a start ramp, adjoining the main track, similar to SCX Crono-pack.

But if incorporated into a digi track, you'd have to have some kind of flipper? Maybe someone's got the track part in question and can help you out?

-- ron --

--------------------
Slot Track Designs in my Blog /> Part 1.-8.> / How-to-Makes .. A small Stone Wall /> 1.>/
Spectator Stand /> 1.>/ & /> 2.>/A Bridge /> 1.> /> 2.> /> 3.> / A Small Shed /> 1.>/ & /> 2.>/

+
Scarecrow
post 1 Sep 2009, 00:31
Post #4

Racer Dude

Member No.: 11,000

I think a few guys, including me, have cut up a couple of curved lane changers to create an S-bend with a racing line option.

+
sealevel
post 1 Sep 2009, 04:12
Post #5

Founder, the Analysis Paralysis Club

Member No.: 11,197

QUOTE (ronMcRain @ 31 Aug 2009, 05:56) *
How's This>> .. there are a lot of very useful topics, in Tracks & Scenery Index.

Also, take a peek Here>> .. Basteiltips>> Streckenteile>> Boxengasse>> .. A-how-to-do- in german ..

Reg. the 2-to-1 lane piece, ozslot .. you're not wrong. This>> is a great source for info. #091022 [Made in France] is the subject.

BUT, to me [a former electrician] this must be the other way around .. if analog, which I presume this is!?! The lanes can't be isolated from each other, thus they are *one & same* you can only run one car on it, but you could add interest to a track by using it as an entry to an obligatory de-tour. Or flipped opposite way, as part of a start ramp, adjoining the main track, similar to SCX Crono-pack.

But if incorporated into a digi track, you'd have to have some kind of flipper? Maybe someone's got the track part in question and can help you out?

-- ron --

That looks like the PT 70/PT 74 in the link you provided. However, the tabs do not look right. They look like the Sport Track not the Classic. In the link above it is a converging track chicane with the lanes close but separate.

The diagram just does not look right.

Comments?
Cheers!
smile.gif

--------------------
My 4x12 layout | Track Categories | Digital/Sport PB wiring | Track cleaning vehicles
Modular layouts |Throttle Holders | PB-Pro separation | Rivets for barriers
----- PB-Pro+SH, SSDC, RichG Lap Tower, Pit-Pro ----- (Track still under development) -----
"analysis paralysis" - inability to make a decision after extensive data gathering & evaluation.

+
ozslot72
post 1 Sep 2009, 09:34
Post #6

Tea Boy

Member No.: 7,970

Thanks guys for your posts,
Ron-your right you would have to somehow put a flipper in it but does look like its a sports track connection,just thought
it was strange no one had seen it before.

Scarecrow - love what you have done there well done on it thanks for sharing.

I think its a pitty scaley hasn't done any other options with the digital pieces and i cant see anything on doing so in the future.
Still would like to see other things people out there have done with pieces and also with the pit lane crossovers.
Would be good if there was some sort of section where people show off custom sections.Would still like to know if anyone is
doing any and selling pieces to adapt to scaley,been searching on the net but no success.

+
miveson
post 1 Sep 2009, 11:09
Post #7

Trackhead
Group Icon

Ozslot72,

I know what you mean the selection of digital track could be improved greatly, probably the most interesting item is the side swipe which seems to serve it's purpose in that you can hit a car on the swipe but generally both parties remain on the track (which is probably a good thing). There is much debate in some of the member track areas about squeeze areas and the pro's/con's.

I personally haven't seen much at all about custom digital sections of track and I spend far too much time browsing the forum

Cheers

Mark

--------------------

+
ronMcRain
post 1 Sep 2009, 13:04
Post #8

Team Owner

Member No.: 3,751

I had another look at the Scalextric reference-CD. Unfortunately there's no better picture[s] of those trackparts. If I understand it correctly, they were made in France. Only a handful of the trackparts on ref.CD are anoted as such. Half a dozen. S-brand they call them. Why? .. haven't got the faintest .. Maybe they were made for the local market, similar to productions in Spain [was it not?] and Australia? My guess is they are from late 70-ies/early 80-ies.

@sealevel .. Yes, close but no cigar. PT70/74 chicane is indeed similar but has two separate lanes and is full track width. The connections look peculiar. The are neither old Classic, as they are rectangular [?] and the spacing is different. Nor Sport, as there are round holes! Odd fish!

But back to subject in question, ozslot. I think the german gentleman [in the link provided above] custom-makes trackparts, pit entries & such to any track brand. I seem to remember someone on this Forum buying pit parts from him .. Ooor, it was another german gent, and perhaps even on another Forum.

That didn't help you much, now did it? .. But take a browse through Tracks & Scenery Index. You might find some helpful tips and links there.

@Scarecrow .. Very nice & tidy. There could be a market for those, eyh?

-- ron --

--------------------
Slot Track Designs in my Blog /> Part 1.-8.> / How-to-Makes .. A small Stone Wall /> 1.>/
Spectator Stand /> 1.>/ & /> 2.>/A Bridge /> 1.> /> 2.> /> 3.> / A Small Shed /> 1.>/ & /> 2.>/

+
Grek-1
post 3 Sep 2009, 17:16
Post #9

Slothead

Member No.: 6,791

Hi ozslot,

there is a german guy who makes custom made track parts.
www.pitslot.de

But I have to warn you: It's very expensive, because it's very professional!
He makes pit lanes, Radius 5 curves and other parts.

+
miveson
post 7 Sep 2009, 09:12
Post #10

Trackhead
Group Icon

I love that Scalex pit-entry that he built that enables entry to the pits from either of the lanes.. very nice idea indeed. I'm sure that would remove alot of the hassles of getting into the pits and having to place a x-over or clc close to the pit-entry......

--------------------

+
CMOTD
post 7 Sep 2009, 13:08
Post #11

Brian Rogers
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 629

QUOTE (ronMcRain @ 1 Sep 2009, 14:04) *
Unfortunately there's no better picture[s] of those trackparts. If I understand it correctly, they were made in France. Only a handful of the trackparts on ref.CD are anoted as such. Half a dozen. S-brand they call them. Why?
-- ron --

This is one of those dead-end side alleys in slot car production. In 1979 Meccano France (who marketed the Scalextric brand there) went off at a tangent and completely redesigned the track and cars. They renamed it "Circuit Scalextric" or "Circuit S" - the new track was wider and had different connections. They also made the 'Y' piece in question - two pieces together formed a single lane chicane and, interestingly, retained individual car control through it. No I don't know how it was achieved!

The cars were also fitted with a 'boost' device which bypassed the controller and provided full power to the motor - no, I don't know how they did that either.

The whole thing was incompatible with normal Scalextric (track, cars and power supply) and only lasted a couple of years before disappearing from the market. Bits of the system surface every now and then, particularly the cars, but it is just a curiosity these days and of no real practical use.

As usual, you can find more information and pictures of the system in Roger Gillham's book.

--------------------
Come race with us at Mussel Bay, RAF Marham, Norfolk.
Click the image below to find out more.

+
sealevel
post 10 Sep 2009, 01:22
Post #12

Founder, the Analysis Paralysis Club

Member No.: 11,197

Sorry, not familiar with Roger Gillam or his book(s).

Can you give more info, please?

Thanks.
Cheers!
smile.gif

--------------------
My 4x12 layout | Track Categories | Digital/Sport PB wiring | Track cleaning vehicles
Modular layouts |Throttle Holders | PB-Pro separation | Rivets for barriers
----- PB-Pro+SH, SSDC, RichG Lap Tower, Pit-Pro ----- (Track still under development) -----
"analysis paralysis" - inability to make a decision after extensive data gathering & evaluation.

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:07
© SlotForum Copyright Notice - Please Read / © Aviso de copyright SlotForum - Léanlo, por favor / © A proposito del Copyright del contenuto di Slotforum - Per favore leggere attentamente