SlotForum banner

Well Mountain Shopping Mall Rally

21K views 83 replies 30 participants last post by  Mr Modifier 
#1 ·
Hi there....
Well I'm starting a new smallish rally layout, build from Scalextric Sports and Classic track.

Here is a little video of the prototype shopping mall, I'm gonna build the track as a football stadium with the carriers for each floor coming from the back so as not to interrupt the line of sight with pillars carrying the floor above.
&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6">[URL=http://www.youtube.com/v/

One purpose of this build is to make it so that it can be assembled and disassembled fast.
3 floors and 3 bridges, when packed away I plan on storing it on the wall.

cheers

#3 ·
Wow.... this looks like the NEW thread to follow.
Very clever use of the X-overs on a single rally lane to get double work out of a track.
Did you cut a lot of track of just have a lot of single track lying around?

I will watch this build closely.
Keep us posted with pics...

Cheers!

#7 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments.
Basically it would probably be much easier just to route it, but as usually I do have quite a bit of bits and bobs from the bay of E so plastic it is :)

QUOTE (martini917k @ 14 Oct 2009, 04:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>could you possibly diagram that?

Well I've tried to do a little video of it instead of using photoshop to edit the trackpieces after drawing it in U.R.
I never use a track program to make tracks but allways just go haywire on the floor.
so here it goes:

The ground floor:
&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>Man, it is hilarious! The idea of racing with one's belly on the floor is another step in the enjoyment ladder. Of course it is also another step towards being stepped upon by one's wife.

One of the advantages of rug racing is being steped on by your own wife....especialy if she wears high heels :)

I'm gonna add legs so it can be build in different heights for the little people and the tall people.

cheers

#10 ·
Hi all here is a little video update of work in progress.

Comments, suggestions & ideas are as always welcomed.

cheers & enjoy life

#12 ·
QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 18 Oct 2009, 16:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>suggestions?? man I love this track! MORE MORE MORE!!

thx Peter

I'm considering to put in a tiny basement layer as well :)

cheers

#13 ·
Excellent video of your construction.
I look forward to "next week's installment".
This could become a "slot car serial", too!

Cheers!

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (sealevel @ 18 Oct 2009, 20:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excellent video of your construction.
I look forward to "next week's installment".
This could become a "slot car serial", too!

Cheers!

My camera broke and I need to buy a new lense, so I've been thinking a bit to do this track thread with video only :)
But I'm a bit ashamed of my accent and mumble jumble as I make everything up as I go.

So if anyone want's to see how I(...and it might not be the right way to do it) create something give me a shout about it and I'll see if I can document it in some way.

thx

#18 ·
Hi Graham and thanks for stopping by.

I'm gonna make scenery for it, but my main objective is to create the modules so that they can be easily connected as individual floors in the parking lot or as individual modules spread around on the floor.
Or with a T-Piece I can connect it to my mountain as well.

So flexibility, lightweight and ease of use is my main concerns.

Since it's a single lane layout It's gonna be great for hooking up a digital powerbase and have a round of "chase the other car" persuit I think it's called.
Add some drift cars into the equation and you'll have your self some stock car action :)

On another note I miss your sustaining presence here in the scenery department, and I'm eagerly awaiting what you've got up your sleeve.

Thx

#19 ·
Hi there
Here's a little driving update from the Well Mountain Shopping Mall

I'm pretty ,much done, eliminating books so now I can hopefully make some Borders/Barriers tonight. (They are badly needed now !!!

thanks for watching.....

#22 ·
Chuppy rubber dub dub Lars maan

Superb concept. Can't wait to see the main structure be built around this track. Will really fool visitors when they come to race, I had enough trouble following the vid, expecting the car to go one way, and goes a completely different one

Chuppy chup 'till you drop brudder

#26 ·
Thanks all for the interest and kind comments.

QUOTE (sig @ 2 Nov 2009, 21:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you've got a seriously three dimensional brain to come up with that...fantastic of course, cant wait to see how you finish it off, how do the 2 wheel drive stuff get on with the steep ramps?
sig

2 wheel cars goes fine as well thanks, and cars goes a lot faster the other way around due to the steep entrance ramp and the not so steep exit ramp.
As to my 3 dimensional brain..I'm not too sure... hmmm well at least I dream in colour and with sound :)
Thanks

QUOTE (Miker @ 2 Nov 2009, 21:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Chuppy rubber dub dub Lars maan

Superb concept. Can't wait to see the main structure be built around this track. Will really fool visitors when they come to race, I had enough trouble following the vid, expecting the car to go one way, and goes a completely different one

Chuppy chup 'till you drop brudder

When driving for a fast lap, you really have to keep your eyes on the car at all times, and forgetting to count how many rounds you did in a layer will send you flying.

QUOTE (Brad Korando @ 3 Nov 2009, 01:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's amazing Lars! Fantastic concept and layout. Now I realize that you have a rally theme in mind, but if you ever want to take a little break: promise me that you'll recreate the Ferrari parking garage scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

Brad

He he, I remember that one
I just hired the guy with the ponytail as Car Park Manager, I guess I shoud have checked his credentials a little bit better :)

I'm really in a dilemma as to how I'll decorate it.
On one side I can see it as this brand new Hi tech funkes parking lot with a helipad and a tower with a carousel cafeteria at the top.
On the other it could be somewhere deep in the hood, worn down with graffiti on the walls, burning barrels with people standing around, custom cars with those hydraulic jump thingies showing off, a looted and burned out car here and there, and some homeless people in the corners.

I'm thinking of making the facades in cardboard and attach them using Velcro tape then using photo textures on top of the cardboard maybe I could skin it differently from time to time ?????

thanks all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.