SlotForum banner

Ferrari raceway

15K views 60 replies 14 participants last post by  raikkonen_webber fan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gday
i have just started on making a track using scalextric sports digital
Ferrari raceway came to my head because i love ferraris (what teen doesnt) but still
here is a track desine

it isnt corrent as i have lenthend the start finish straght but then run out of straight track so i have to shorten it again (but not as much as on the plans here)
im realy only going to race f1 on this track and im going to put it packable wooden boards when i scenerise.
Thanks
RW fan
P.S. i will put a picture of the new desine asap

See less See more
#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (miveson @ 31 Aug 2010, 09:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only thing I'll say is that the inside lane has a serious advantage, you could mitigate this advantage by extending the right hand R1 area and extending it to closer to the left hand side.

QUOTE (raikkonen_webber fan @ 31 Aug 2010, 10:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as it's digital it doesnt realy matter about it
so you get your self into the inside lane and dont shift intill you need to pit!

I'm in the software design phase too and this question is the one thing I'm still not clear on.

Is it, as RW says, a good thing to have one lane with an advantage - whether by being shorter or quicker or both - since digital allows all drivers to use this lane.

Or is it, as Mark is saying I think, not a good thing because, even with lane changing, being forced to "go round the outside" to attempt an overtake is going to make for very difficult passing? (Perhaps even impossible with two reasonably matched drivers?) It seems, on paper, that perhaps once in the lead a driver would become almost impossible to pass?

Cicero

(This is the question I was trying to raise over in Digital circuit design and conducting races ... (see my post towards the end of page 4)

#12 ·
IMHO, no matter how well you design your circuit, the driver skill and car setup will make so much difference that it won't really matter. The best driver will always get to the front and stay there.

#21 ·
If they're sending the router back, why can't they work again until 2012? I mean, if you couldn't return the router, then I could understand that money might stand in the way, but... did you really mean 2012?

#24 ·
mr f
its a small cumpany
i got 1 of there first products so there studying what went wrong before reparing
they didnt put a date so im guessing with these sort of places 2012
i may aswell sell it back to them and reclaim some of my money
then after a while
+ my sholder is back in a good state ill by a new one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.