#1 Racebaaninfo

Racebaaninfo

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Hi All,

After years racing on plastic (Ninco, Scalextric Sport and Carrera, I tried them all) I decided to create my own track in MDF.

This is how it looks right now (it only needs some with lines). You can call it a design track.

Lenght: appr. 11 mtr.
Slot depth: 7 mm
Distance between the slots: 10 mm

I started to outline the track on three standard peaces of MDF.

The routing process was done in a easy way. I made a peace of wood with to ball bearing to slide along the table. After the first slot, I moved the ball bearing 10 cm in order to cut the second slot.

After using the router I could start to paint and laying the copper foil.

The equipment is still the same: DS Power 3, DS Racing 200, Bridge (although customized) and Slot.it controllers. The cupboard and bridge are painted in the colors of the track.

The result.

I am very happy with the result. Although it is a design track it is great racing on it. Racing on wood is the best there is.

It took me two weeks after working hours (and Saturdays and Sundays). A lot of work, but it is great fun to race on a track that you have created yourself.

JeeWee
I am JW.

Visit my site (English): SlotcarAcademy.com - Your doorway to the fascinating world of slot car racing.

or visit my (Dutch) website: Racebaaninfo.nl

Become my slotcar friend: Follow me on Facebook.

#2 2FER SLOTS

2FER SLOTS

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

Nice job JeeWee thumbsup.gif

I like your routing method. How did you get the track edge cut smooth enough to use as router guide?

Pax domini

#3 Racebaaninfo

Racebaaninfo

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thanks. I simply drew a line and used the jigsaw. I saw the method on the site of Slotticar. slotticar.blogspot.com
I am JW.

Visit my site (English): SlotcarAcademy.com - Your doorway to the fascinating world of slot car racing.

#4 Ted Hesketh

Ted Hesketh

Tea Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Hi JeeWee - Very neat job & a nice simple method - I like the colour scheme too. The tyre walls look like they're made out of pipe lagging? How are they fixed to the board?

Ted

#5 Racebaaninfo

Racebaaninfo

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

Thanks. The Paul Ricard track in France inspired me for the colors. I do not like the light gray color, so I have chosen a darker tint.
The tyre walls are from scx. Sold higher but I cut them.
I am JW.

#6 PSRRFH

PSRRFH

Lars Ole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

Hi Jan
Nice new track I love the clean design alot.

So what happenned to the Ninco track, and are you still residing in Denmark ?

Cheers
Lars

]--"If there's smoke there must be a fire, if there's a fire lets have a bar'b'cue"--[
Linky to the "Digital Diary of the Well Mountain Mad Man"
Linky to the building of "Well Mountain Shopping Mall"
Linky to the building of "Well Mountain Rally Sprint"
Linky to "Well Mountain Raceway extended edition"
Linky to "Well Mountain Raceway compact edition"

#7 sig

sig

Team Owner

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

great looking track, after, doing super decorative stuff one yearns for something flat and graphic, very nice, also if one car comes off there is always the risk of it sliding into the path of the oncoming other car...a bonus! wink.gif

#8 chief32s

chief32s

Doilum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

As I have already said elsewhere, Well done, this is a very nice looking track. Love the theme. Maybe you could route a small circle and have Jenson's BrawnGP doing donuts, with a little smoke maker secreted away somewhere? (Maybe have a word with Sig for tips).

Al.
If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty. ~Japanese Proverb

Blacklight and the 2011 Dynamic Thingie Proxy
Autograss class 9 Special
My First Thingie

#9 Eno Dog

Eno Dog

Team Owner

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (chief32s @ 24 Aug 2010, 21:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you could route a small circle and have Jenson's BrawnGP doing donuts, with a little smoke maker secreted away somewhere?

That would look good!

The only thing I would do JeeWee is get two strips of rubber wall & run one along the inside of the main straight and one up the middle of the arm. Only to stop you having head ons with errant cars when you're racing & wrecking them. It's a beautiful looking track though. A thoroughly modern look in a format where we often like to go "retro" goodness - I'm looking at a 50 year old "Style" for my new one and I'm only 45! blink.gif

Funny - I've been looking at the Tilke tracks from the point of view of being flat & sealed without any grass as a bad thing until I saw your model! innocent.gif
Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

#10 Camber

Camber

Trackhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Racebaaninfo @ 24 Aug 2010, 19:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am very happy with the result. Although it is a design track it is great racing on it. Racing on wood is the best there is.

It took me two weeks after working hours (and Saturdays and Sundays). A lot of work, but it is great fun to race on a track that you have created yourself.

JeeWee

Nice work, might have to pinch some ideas for my track ph34r.gif Your a fast worker, 2 weeks is outstanding.
I agree, creating a wood track is the best there is thumbsup.gif

- Cam

#11 Ember

Ember

One petunia in a field of onions

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

Very sharp looking track. Never been a fan of a flat track, but that really looks the business. Great shape. Colour/decoration is fab. And the bonus, if you get some perspex cut for the top you can use it as a banquet table. biggrin.gif

Embs
Anorak. Not just a fashion statement. It's a state of mind

TINY TYERS TARGA: The saga continuesAn old shed for my new cars: An old wooden garage under construction

#12 Racebaaninfo

Racebaaninfo

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:34 AM

thanks for you comments guys.

@2ferslots this is the routing method as just by a Belgium Slotracer called Slotticar. He uploaded a video to You tube.
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I am JW.

#13 Racebaaninfo

Racebaaninfo

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

The track is finished now. I have painted all the lines.

I am JW.

#14 FZSsemans®

FZSsemans®

Peter Rondel

• Members
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

very nice indeed. I like th eidea of PaulRicard a lot!! seen inboard views ones of a test cars............it leads you all the way so it seems!

#15 MrFlippant

MrFlippant

Slot God

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

Beautiful! How about a video? smile.gif
How do you like the car performance on it compared to your ninco track?

Rainier Raceways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Slot Car Wiki ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ DRAWW ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Portable Track

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users