SlotForum banner

Track Plans Database.

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  SSD slotguy 
#1 ·
I thought it might be a good idea to post a thread with all the track plans big or small in it so if anyone's ever stuck for ideas they know where to come for inspiration.
If you don't have a track plan on your computer you could just take a photo showing as best as you can the layout of your track, it doesn't matter if you cant do that though, you can still comment on other peoples tracks and possibly even give people ideas on how to improve there tracks.

OK Ill start off with the track i have at the moment:

See less See more
#2 ·
Just to explain what the different letters stand for:

A. The bottle neck, I sit at letter A so i can rescue cars that hit my foot.
B. Bottle Bottom Bend.
C. Single lane rally stage.
D. Chaos Chicane.
E. The Loop
F. The tunnel (Idea stolen, I mean borrowed from another design (his tunnel is a lot longer than mine though))

#3 ·
Looks like a good twisty circuit, but maybe the area "D would be better as a long sweeping curve, instead of chicane, so you are able to get up a bit of speed?
Using different radii pieces will make it interesting( I.E R1 into R2 into R3 etc so it opens out, or opposite so it tightens)

#4 ·
Thanks for the feed back SplitRim, Ill see what I can do on UR3 and buy some R3s and some more R2s and put it into practice.
Thanks

#5 ·
How about this?
R4, R3, R2, R4, R3. As long as it still fits in the room.

#6 ·
QUOTE (SSD slotguy @ 31 Oct 2010, 08:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the feed back SplitRim, Ill see what I can do on UR3 and buy some R3s and some more R2s and put it into practice.
Thanks

Sorry I ment R1s not R2s

#7 ·

A track plan database is a great idea.

Couple of ideas in this plan.

Firstly, a decent pit lane inside a relatively small circuit (Some track cutting required)

Secondly, a chicane that actually seems to race reasonably well and exactly replaces 2.5 straights. Looks great with all the track borders.

My tip for cutting R1 curves is to find a big frying pan with roughly the correct radius and cut around it.

Nick

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (DigitalNick @ 31 Oct 2010, 17:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A track plan database is a great idea.
Nick
Thanks Nick, I just thought it might be a good idea if anyone is stuck for ideas they can have a quick browse through here to get some inspiration.
Nice track by the way, great use of the available space, providing all the requirements for an exiting race in a relatively small package.

#10 ·
Not much of a database hey.
Any tracks are welcome, plastic, routed, permanent, non permanent, any tracks

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (SSD slotguy @ 7 Nov 2010, 15:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not much of a database hey.
Well .. I don't wanna discourage Your enthusiasm, SDD .. But I think [or seem to recall, rather] there's been previously some attempts to get a similar thing started. Never seem to got airborne though.

And there are TrackPlans to be found .. You just have to know where to look! Like Here>> .. or Here>> .. Or even Here>>

Plenty of TrackPlans to browse through in those!

-- ron --

#12 ·
Thanks for the links, seems like the work has already been done, lots of track plans in one place, ore a few places but in big groups anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.