5 replies to this topic

#1 Pegasustt

Pegasustt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hello there! I'm new here!

I've recently dug out my old box of Scalextric from my parents loft. Most of it was in fact my Dad's from back when he was a boy. So it's probably almost 50 years old now! I also had some that was from a set I got when I was young which is probably 25 years old (Scary!) and also bought a bunch of old track off ebay and set it all up in my living room.... of course it didn't actually work! I think I could get the cars only down about 5 bits of track before they would go no further... despite there being power to the vast majority of the track according to my test light.
So I bought a plebys track cleaning kit and set about it for many many hours one night, put it all back together - and hey presto 50 year old track working like a dream!

Here are some pictures of it, obviously my living room is not exactly decorated in a standard fashion! So I've called it Forest raceway! Let me know what you think! It's about 72ft long I think - and is taking about 9.5 seconds to lap!

Finding the forum a very useful fountain of knowledge which helped me get it all going - so thanks!

E

#2 SplitRim

SplitRim

Sir Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to the Forum,

Glad you've found a place to set up, and I like the way you've used the logs to support the track, have fun!!
They're only Toys cars after all!!!

#3 PSRRFH

PSRRFH

Lars Ole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

cool.
]--"If there's smoke there must be a fire, if there's a fire lets have a bar'b'cue"--[
Linky to the "Digital Diary of the Well Mountain Mad Man"
Linky to the building of "Well Mountain Shopping Mall"
Linky to the building of "Well Mountain Rally Sprint"
Linky to "Well Mountain Raceway extended edition"
Linky to "Well Mountain Raceway compact edition"

#4 JamieG

JamieG

Giacomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

E,
that's a cool layout and the name does fit nicely to the scenery :-)
Welcome to the forum

Cheers,
JamieG

#5 HuntTheshunt

HuntTheshunt

Stuart Wood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

Welcome, looks a nice track - I'd say there's scope for more greenery though. Maybe you could develop it into Jungle Raceway smile.gif
Cheers!
The fox knows many things... but the hedgehog knows one big thing.

#6 scottpollard

scottpollard

Learner Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Welcome back to the world of Slot Cars. Its great to un-earth hidden gems from the loft and you look like you have got some cool old kit and cars. Happy racing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq