3 replies to this topic

#1 tomwysom

tomwysom

Trackhead

• PLUS+
  • 571 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hi,

This is a follow-on from the thread about the Bilbanforumet "Blog" thread. Rob J asked if there was any information on the Heathkit Slotless racing system. I thought maybe that subject might be better served if it had it's own thread.
So does anyone have any information about this racing system, or any other "slotless" systems that have been developed over the years? What were/are they like to race?

Here's the link to the Heathkit bit on Bilbanforumet:
Heathkit

And here's an article that I dug up from Model Cars, there may be other features on slotless racing in that magazine, I'll have to go back and have a proper look:

Cheers,
Tom.

#2 merkit the grof

merkit the grof

Team Owner

• PLUS+
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

Tom

Besides the various HO brands, there are a couple of related French made systems by Troby and Jouef "Slotless".
I believe they are one and the same, the cars are out of shape 1/40th (much too wide) probably "inspired" by the infamous Strombecker Citroen SM.

The other one I know of is Elge? of Italy which was 1/24th I believe.

Joel
If you are really bored, visit the SOUTHEND SLOT RACING CLUB site at ssrcworld.com

#3 Rob J

Rob J

Team Owner

• PLUS+
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

Thanks for setting this up, Tom.
It'd be good to hear from someone who tried one of these systems, particularly the apparently sophisticated Heathkit.
Where they fun to drive, or just clunky?
Rob J

#4 1 32 slotter

1 32 slotter

Joel LeNoir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

Not old but new slottless system.....mag-racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq