SlotForum banner

Alfa Romeo 8c 2300 Le Mans

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Ember 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi boys,

here´s my next built in work. Shall become a Le Mans car in 1933. Found only 2 photos of that car. So a lot of research to do, but i´m sure i´ve found everithing i need.

And here are the first photos
sideview, the body is not fixed ready

the grille is opened , the photoetched mesh is from a tank 1/35

And the front "spoiler must be rebuilt, cause of the front axle
there is a lot of work to do

original photo by conzeptcars.com
Alfa Romeo 8c 2300 LM

Wheels are reserved but i think they need some more time :)

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Been there... built that... Frank, I think you've seen both. It's a great start!

Done for the Mini Mille Miglia 2011 - Back in the `States and tearing up the track!

Done for the Mini Mille Miglia 2010 (now residing in Switzerland)

The first is the toughest... then you start imagining a bob-tailed Corto version.

Greenman62

#6 ·
Hi Greg,

i know the car on the second photo, but isn´t it 1-2cm shorter than mine? the butt looks shorter. What kit is it? None Arfix,or?
I think the swissman collects pre war cars, he bought an Ulster and a Merc SSKL, i´ve heard.

The new one looks superb. I wish i have your skills

@Marlon,

modified the wheels. As i read your treat i had a look in my unused tool box and found a set of them. The diameter is a 1-2mm to big?!

#7 ·
Hi Frank,

Superb work as always! That grille looks superb!

I am actually building the '33 winning car too! Although contruction has slowed over the last few weeks with other more important builds tsking up my time, I've attached the front and rear mudflaps, using piano wire to strengthen them (as you have), and it currently has one side that has been filled with Milliput to create the long mudflaps.

I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!
Regards
Jon

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE Hi Greg,

i know the car on the second photo, but isn´t it 1-2cm shorter than mine? the butt looks shorter. What kit is it? None Arfix,or?
I think the swissman collects pre war cars, he bought an Ulster and a Merc SSKL, i´ve heard.

The first pix is the car I sent to Italy this year. Alan (swissracer) has the one I brought with me last year. He got it in a swap for his Milan Tomasek Gillet Vertigo. Both cars started out as the same base model car you are building I believe it's based a car that was owned by Mike Hawthorne). I didn't like the rumble seat so bobbed the tail on both to create a Corto or short tail Alfa like the Mille Miglia cars. The Full fender car was made by cannibalizing an AMT Jag SS100 for its fenders. Here's more pix of both.

Greenman62

#11 ·
Hi boys,

weekend was a good one. a lot done on the Alfa.

The body paint and the first weathering is done. The front fender need the final painting .
The wheels are ppl vintage, but i buy others if availiable.
And here are some photos

the spoke inlets got a black color but must be fixed allready.

Inlet and driver is in work. more photos next days

#13 ·
Hi imugford,
the wheels i used are Penelope Pitlane vintage ones.

And here are some more photos of the nearly finished car. Only guide and motor had to be fixed, than the next built is done.

hope you like it a little bit

#15 ·
Nice work Frank! how does it run?

Greenman62

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.