Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Club info:

Check out the interactive map of Slot Car Racing Clubs in the UK.

And see How to get your own Club forum on SlotForum.
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NEW SLOT CAR CLUB IN KILBURN, NORTH LONDON
Nobby
post 25 Oct 2011, 07:50
Post #16

Slothead

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,545

Thanks for "merging" my posts Jim, I have got it figured out now.....

Cheers for your comments on club car racing too, we have a couple sets of cars that may just do the trick, they are Ninco Lexus's (Lexae?) and SCX Nascars... The Nascars may not be the fastest or the easiest cars to drive but they certainly sort the men out from the boys....

We are thinking of getting another set of cars, any suggestions would be appreciated... I think the criteria should be, robust, easy to look after, not too fast yet not too slow, must be current and good looking....... Rather like me........ innocent.gif

Nobby
Go to the top of the page

+
Mr.M
post 25 Oct 2011, 08:13
Post #17

Jim Moyes
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 24

Have a look through the class list at Farnham Club for ideas as they run on Ninco. Not sure if that is the most up to date one though.

--------------------
Some notable slot racing quotes
"Mein Gott! I should know ze bus stop is tight! Put me back on." M. Shoemaker
"Alors! I forgot how hard that 30 left was! Put me back on." S. Lobe
"Dang! Too fast on the straightaway again! Put me back on." Bubba Johnson Junior the third
"That's not a Stewart tartan!" R. Counter
"I don't care what it looks like, as long as it makes me look fast!" S.C. Moron

+
Flange
post 25 Oct 2011, 08:57
Post #18

Lee Green
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 2,971

Standard slot it cars? With f22 tyres as the only add on ?

--------------------

Have a look at my Gallery for pictures of some of my cars and other bits and pieces.

+
Nobby
post 25 Oct 2011, 13:42
Post #19

Slothead

Hi Lee, sounds like a plan...... What are f22 tyres though? It's been a while since I raced.....

+
Flange
post 25 Oct 2011, 14:24
Post #20

Lee Green
Group Icon

Slot it new tyres the type of tyre used in most 24 hour slot it events , at 12v they don't need to be glued or trued

--------------------

Have a look at my Gallery for pictures of some of my cars and other bits and pieces.

+
Nobby
post 26 Oct 2011, 16:52
Post #21

Slothead

Aha.......... I see, I have spoken to Graeme and I now know what they are.....

I'll get some and try them out.....

Nobby

+
Guest_fw14b_*
post 26 Oct 2011, 18:42
Post #22

Guests

Visited Kilburn last night and some of the finishing touches were being appllied.
I have to say that this looks like an excellent track, the best Ian has designed, and will be worth a visit.

+
Nobby
post 26 Oct 2011, 20:08
Post #23

Slothead

It was good to see you in this neck of the woods Graeme.... Thanks for your generous comments, I'm glad that you liked the track, hopefully a few more people might come along and have a look.....

Don't be shy lads.... How about a few of you get together and drop by sometime? You are all welcome to come along and see the work in progress, who knows you may be able to give us a bit of input.....

Nobby

+
Squiddy
post 26 Oct 2011, 21:19
Post #24

Tea Boy

Member No.: 10,309

Can't wait to get started now. All this preparation is getting me down... Just wanna get on the track and do some slotting now. Another week or two and we should be welcoming our adoring public hopefully! Lovely track, even better than our old one at Finchley. The Squid challenges allcomers to give me some competition! cool.gif

+
AAWSCC
post 26 Oct 2011, 21:50
Post #25

Team Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,328

I run a non slotters night once a month at Alton and Winchester (AAWSCC). Last night we ran SCX WRC cars and they seemed nice and easy for the guys to handle and stay on. That's on a woody though. Shouldn't be too different on Ninco. I should think you can hold of a set fairly cheaply.

Good luck with the new club folks.

--------------------
Not racing much these days. Really need to get back into it.

Well you just knew it was coming. New 3 lane MDF track.

3 lane routed track

Let's have a go at a rally track.

www.circuitstoscale.co.uk

+
Nobby
post 27 Oct 2011, 09:37
Post #26

Slothead

Yes, I agree, they are good cars and pretty evenly matched, I like the fact that there is a good choice of cars too.... It looks like I'll have to look around for a decent price... If any of you dealers out there can do a decent deal we could be on for 7 or 8 SCX rally cars.... And who knows what else....

Thanks for the good wishes, we just need a few people to come along and try us out...

Nobby

+
Nobby
post 28 Oct 2011, 18:34
Post #27

Slothead

Just a quick update...

With a bit of luck, I should have the wiring for the sensors finished this weekend, having said that it is my little girls birthday party on Sunday, so the wiring may not get done until Monday... I'll try and get it finished on Saturday, it would be good to test it asap, Graeme T has offered to help with the computer side of it (I hope you get over your cold soon) that should speed things along a bit... Thanks Graeme....

I would like to open for racing within the next two weeks, if we manage that, we will try and hold a second round of the "Slot It Group C Grand Prix" race that is going to be held at GT Raceway track in Essex on the 20th of November.... We are aiming at the 11th of December to hold our round, the rules will be the same as GT Raceway....

Please let either Graeme or Myself know if you would like to attend, just so we can get an idea of numbers...

Thanks Nobby

+
Squiddy
post 28 Oct 2011, 21:57
Post #28

Tea Boy

Member No.: 10,309

Well I for one will definitely be there. Don't know about Spongey though ! Hope to see the likes of Bricey and the Pikester come down. We need support or this could be another Slot Club flop and I wouldn't want that after all the work that's gone into this project. Happy birthday to Nancy this weekend x Nice to see Graham the other day, not so nice the smell though... Ch-ch-ch-CHINESE ! By the way Nob , do you like my picture ? RVP ! biggrin.gif

+
zendragon
post 29 Oct 2011, 02:40
Post #29

Team Owner

Member No.: 5,256

All the best with your new club, I would think seriously about SCX cars though mate, unless you have power boosters 150ft of track with an RX tyype motor, you are going to be board to death after three laps.
Zen

+
Flange
post 29 Oct 2011, 08:34
Post #30

Lee Green
Group Icon

Yeah scx rally cars ... Zzzzz

--------------------

+

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:42
© SlotForum Copyright Notice - Please Read / © Aviso de copyright SlotForum - Léanlo, por favor / © A proposito del Copyright del contenuto di Slotforum - Per favore leggere attentamente