Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SlotForum News Section - Please read!

NOTE: New posts in this News Section can only be added by forum Administrators and Moderators.

If you have a News story, relating to Slotcar industry news, then please send us a press release together with photos by email to: admin@slotforum.com

SlotForum Administration retain full editorial control over the content published here and will edit or remove material if we deem it appropriate to do so as it is displayed on the Front Page of the Forum and is automatically linked to by other Internet Slotcar Forums via RSS feeds.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Avant Slot News - Lotus Elise GT1 - Road Car, Model lanuch limited edition
JEXY1
post 13 Dec 2011, 12:28
Post #1

Gareth Jex
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 95

Avant Slot; Lotus Elise GT1
Ref.51601 "Roadcar - Matt Black"

Limited Edition of 1000 with numbered chassis.

Weight:Complete car 81,6gr
Complete Bodyshell 19,8gr
Body without cockpit in lexan: 12,8gr
Distance between axles: 85mm
Distance rear axle to guide: 98mm
Motor Hurricane 27,000RPM at 14.8v
Gears Ratio 10/27
Same chassis as Porsche Kremer, last evolution

An interesting history of the only registered Lotus Elise GT1 on the owners web site Link

UK release date; this week.
Go to the top of the page

+
Mr Croker
post 13 Dec 2011, 12:57
Post #2

Mark R-E
Group Icon

Member No.: 860

Not great timing given the release of the NSR R18 but looks ok.

A race livery would have been a better release.

Also why the pictures of no 776 from 1000?

Surely #1 would be the press car!

+
mtalley
post 13 Dec 2011, 13:13
Post #3

Slothead

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,248

NSR tends to make their cars look a bit squashed – as far as height and width. Avant Slot cars always appear to have an extended body or wheel base and tires that look too small/out of scale. The body looks nice but, just something off about the wheelbase. At least it's something different, instead of the same old Porsche, Ferrari, Audi, etc.

Mike

+
mrrc65
post 13 Dec 2011, 13:18
Post #4

Johnny Fuglestad
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 14,476

4 cars that must have, this lotus, nsr audi, mrrc cheta and kellison. this is going to be good year

--------------------
I pity those who take authority as the truth, not the truth as authority.Benjamin Franklin

+
Savage
post 13 Dec 2011, 13:29
Post #5

Tel
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,329

Certainly too stretched for scale, but nice to see something a little different.
The biggest gripe for me would be the avant chassis, I just dont get on with them !

--------------------
Current track: Hunter Valley 3 Lane Analogue Routed MDF with Race Coordinator Timing and Fuel Management
My old track: Savage Raceway Scalextric Digital with PBPro SH, Pit Pro, RichG lapcounter and SSDC

Come Race with us at Mussell Bay, RAF Marham, Norfolk. Click the image below to find out more.

+
Mr Modifier
post 13 Dec 2011, 13:44
Post #6

Circuit Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,459

When you see the photo of the real thing it's obvious where the reproduction is inaccurate. Spoiler supports in terms of design and positioning, the way the body blends in to the rear air dam or whatever it is called, the rear grill and lack of brake lights on the model, the exhaust pipes, the length of the rear deck, lack of aerial. I appreciate there are probably subtle differences down to the owner's choice of spec but surely not the body shape?!? OK Avant had to fit this to a chassis and probably couldn't make a new one just for a run of 1000 but there will probably be more made.

I am a great Lotus fan but the photo of the GT1 looks like an Elise and the model doesn't. Shame. Maybe somebody else will make one soon.

--------------------

+
Mr Croker
post 13 Dec 2011, 15:01
Post #7

Mark R-E
Group Icon

Member No.: 860

QUOTE (mtalley @ 13 Dec 2011, 15:13) *
NSR tends to make their cars look a bit squashed – as far as height and width.

Mike

I suggest you read the R18 topic before repeating this smile.gif

The R18 is as close as you are going to get a slot car

+
stoooo
post 13 Dec 2011, 15:14
Post #8

Horlicks Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,835

QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 13 Dec 2011, 14:28) *

Giroix / Delétraz Lotus Elise GT1. Lotus Racing Franck Muller. 1997 FIA GT Championship Silverstone by Antsphoto, on Flickr

This racing version seems to better match the proportions of the model. I wonder if the black one is just to kick off a fresh model despite looking a bit odd and lacking certain details since the racing versions that might be expected to come later will look right. Note how the wing looks significantly more like the one on the racing version than the road car's.

+
mtalley
post 13 Dec 2011, 15:37
Post #9

Slothead

Member No.: 4,248

I suggest you read the R18 topic before repeating this The R18 is as close as you are going to get a slot car

Mr. Croker –

I'm referring to the NSR Mosler, Ford MkIV and Porsche 917. Those don't look correct scale and proportion.

Mike

Not exactly obvious as I refered only to the new offering of the R18 where they have gone to considerable trouble to get to scale. But this is about the Elise!

This post has been edited by Mr Croker: 13 Dec 2011, 22:32
Reason for edit: Added comment to not disturb the thread

+
Henk
post 13 Dec 2011, 17:32
Post #10

Henk
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,049

A very welcomed extension for the GT classes. I hope it can stand up against the NSR Corvette and Porsche and the Scaleauto Mercedes.

I got all the black Avant Slot cars and I'll sure buy this one smile.gif

+
-Sy-
post 13 Dec 2011, 20:25
Post #11

Simon Platten

Member No.: 8,566

I work at the Hethel Engineering Centre, which is directly in front of the Lotus Cars Factory, the race test track is just behind my office. I like the model, but as mentioned it does look a little on the large side, the Elise is a very small car, very narrow and very squat...I'd like to see this side by side another model.

--------------------
Regards, Sy

+
Ember
post 13 Dec 2011, 21:00
Post #12

One petunia in a field of onions

Member No.: 12,718

I do rather like the Lotus way of doing things. And I rather like the Elise. And I rather like the characterisation of that Elise. It's not perfect but it looks pure evil and I like it. Going to have to start hunting small change down the back of the sofa I think.

--------------------
Anorak. Not just a fashion statement. It's a state of mind

TINY TYERS TARGA: The saga continuesAn old shed for my new cars: An old wooden garage under construction

+
Ian B
post 13 Dec 2011, 21:03
Post #13

Ian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,098

All of a sudden a plethora of nice cars appear, could it be nearly Christmas? biggrin.gif Seriously though I'd love to get to try this one out, I like the look of it and it's just that bit different, so "if" it ran well too.... question.gif Well it would be nice to race something that wasn't mainstream, Nice One.

--------------------

+
mudchukka
post 13 Dec 2011, 21:57
Post #14

Steve Wright

Member No.: 6,931

Alberto and Beatrice from Avant Slot visited the UK on Friday and could not miss the chance to race this car !

Testing the Lotus

Testing the Lotus 2

Alberto giving Shaun a race on the North Staffs track.

Mudchukka

This post has been edited by JEXY1: 14 Dec 2011, 08:41
Reason for edit: made picture smaller

+
Wankel Ickx
post 13 Dec 2011, 23:13
Post #15

Slot Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Man, you're a tough crowd to please these days. Sheesh!

This one looks peachy. I'll go with the flow, mind, and say a race livery would have been sweeter but I can be patient.

--------------------
Establish whether the fault lies with the car, chip, controller, or powerbase input. Or the concept of Digital slot racing....

+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:43
© SlotForum Copyright Notice - Please Read / © Aviso de copyright SlotForum - Léanlo, por favor / © A proposito del Copyright del contenuto di Slotforum - Per favore leggere attentamente