#1 fast lucky

fast lucky

Team Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Scaleauto catalogue (49.2MB)

Very impressive list ! I am wondering if they will really be able to release all those new models and liveries in 2012 ...

My regret is that the BMW Z4 GT3 car, winner of the Super GT championship (GT300 class), is only foreseen in 1/24 scale. I hope they add that particular livery to their 1/32 range as well.

Edited by Doug, 28 January 2012 - 04:27 PM.
Merged topics of the same subject.

#2 Savage

Savage

Tel

• PLUS+
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yep I look forward to these, but as at least 2 cars originally scheduled for Dec 2011 still aren't here, I doubt all of these will be either !
A few more added to my want list, this could be an expensive year !
I don't see a 1/32 Jag on that list, please don't tell me they have dropped it sad.gif
I wonder why Scaleauto doesn't have a website ?
LastTrack: Hunter Valley 3 Lane Analogue Routed MDF with Race Coordinator Timing and Fuel Management
My old track: Savage Raceway Scalextric Digital with PBPro SH, Pit Pro, RichG lapcounter and SSDC

Come Race with us at Mussell Bay, RAF Marham, Norfolk. Click the image below to find out more.

#3 fast lucky

fast lucky

Team Owner

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yes, I too noticed that the GT2 Jag is not to be seen on the list and, after some research, I am sorry to tell you that it has indeed been dropped, since two BMW Z4 now have the ref number of the two Jags. After SCX, it is the second manufacturer to drop the Jag. Too bad.

#4 rallyP

rallyP

Slot Guru

• PLUS+
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Wow!!! Great news!!! Scaleauto is going to be a force this year. I will definitely get the DeTomaso Pantera (1974-76) and am very interested in the BMW M1.

It is excelent to see some companies still expanding.

#5 Savage

Savage

Tel

• PLUS+
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Nooooo, I had been waiting on that Jag, such a shame sad.gif
I wonder how much of their business is 1:24 ? seems a heavy investment in that side, I guess higher prices of those mean more profit margin.

I also get the impression that the Radical and Merc are the only specific chassis, I think the new cars might be using the RT3 universal, reading between the lines sad.gif
LastTrack: Hunter Valley 3 Lane Analogue Routed MDF with Race Coordinator Timing and Fuel Management
My old track: Savage Raceway Scalextric Digital with PBPro SH, Pit Pro, RichG lapcounter and SSDC

Come Race with us at Mussell Bay, RAF Marham, Norfolk. Click the image below to find out more.

#6 strongbow

strongbow

Top Tuner

• PLUS+
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Did anyone get one of the recently released 1:32 Mercedes SLS GT3s? How do they go? Curious.

#7 nitro

nitro

Peter Christie

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Myself and another from our club (CJA) have a Merc each, standard motor & gearing is sweet, fast and punchy with a quality mesh. The chassis is a dream to set up, adjustments for axle and body float make life so much easy. To make it competative I swapped in my 'Evo' anglewider mount/set up I was using in the Slot it challange...Flat 6R and to match the rest of our club...nsr ultra grips. Plastic wheels to alloy and a couple of spring suspension kits.
The result is a sweet car to drive that is fast but not fast enough yet to win...I needs to 'get it lower' as there is a lot of top heavy weight...I'm impressed and will get the Honda when released, already have their Radical. I like what scaleauto are doing for club racers...my favourite manufacturer at the moment but please lets hane some slimline motor mounts for these cars...see Mrslotcar...thats the way to go!!!! and another story...eh CJA???
I have something to say...'its better to burnout than to fade away'!!!
Hey you guys!
You built a time machine...out of a....'Delorean' !!!??
Dude....I nearly had you!

#8 300SLR

300SLR

Sir Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Plenty of 2mm bore pinions but I couldn't spot any 1.5 mm bore - maybe I missed them?
1.5 mm is needed for the slim can motors unless you sleeve the shaft.

#9 Saviour

Saviour

Team Owner

• Members
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Now that's waht I call a Catalogue. Everything you want to know and more.
Great looking cars.
So, Why do they not have a web site?

#10 Savage

Savage

Tel

• PLUS+
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Slimline ? nah don't need that nonsense wink.gif
I echo the comment with the chassis, IMO one of the best chassis for club racing for a while.
Which is why it would be a pity if they use universal ones in future releases having set a great standard with the Radical and Merc.

#11 thestig514

thestig514

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif IS THAT A SPYKER I SEE BEFORE ME?? YES!!! smile.gif

Cheers,
Chris cool.gif

#12 strongbow

strongbow

Top Tuner

• PLUS+
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the info nitro. Now do I get one of the silver ones or wait for this year's fancy liveries... question.gif

#13 fast lucky

fast lucky

Team Owner

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Saviour @ 28 Jan 2012, 19:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that's waht I call a Catalogue. Everything you want to know and more.
Great looking cars.
So, Why do they not have a web site?

I think they don't have a website simply because they are small.

Just like H+T, German importer of several makes, is now the owner of MRCC, Scaleauto is owned by IBB Auto Racing which is, I believe, linked to CricCrac (Spanish shop).

#14 fast lucky

fast lucky

Team Owner

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (strongbow @ 28 Jan 2012, 18:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone get one of the recently released 1:32 Mercedes SLS GT3s? How do they go? Curious.

it is also worth noting that those SLS are supplied with an extra, more robust, fully liveried rear wing.

#15 SuperSlab

SuperSlab

Racer Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (strongbow @ 28 Jan 2012, 09:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ran mine at our races last night: after replacing the plastic wheels with good aluminium ones and a bit of tweaking, it is one of my fastest cars on a technical wood track. The handling is quite outstanding and it is extremely smooth and quiet. It is faster than all but two of my NSR's (P68 and now a new Audi) and faster than any Slot.it I have. My closest Slot.it on our track is my GT40 and that is a 1/10 of a second behind the Mercedes.

Quite spectacular car and beautiful to boot. Got a lot of attention last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq