SlotForum banner

WHO Racing 2012 Round 5 - Nascar - May 2

7K views 68 replies 11 participants last post by  woodcote 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
I'm looking forward to next month's Nascar race - it'll be my first championship round after missing out in February.

There have been a couple of questions about what people can run, so this is the graphic I did before last time:

So it's only the Tomy Racing Turbo with the grey bar magnet, not the SRT.

For the Tomy Super-G+ the old grey magnets count as stock magnets as they have appeared on the chassis. In F1 it's just the nearer black magnets - just to confuse things

As for the track, I understand that the banked curved will make an appearance next month.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Boo to racing when I can't come. You should all be ashamed!

The SG+ is very much the car to have on the Nascar circuit although I know one or two people were doing impressive things with the Lifelike T. Will be interesting to see if anyone will try a curveball and use a Tyco, LLM or Turbo. The Mega G would be a great choice. I want one!

Oh yeah and I have become a Twit so I can read what is happening during the evening!

#8 ·
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 25 Apr 2012, 14:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good to see you are pushing on with the Project Andrew.

No, its definately Project Gareth....

I'm really pleased how its all managing to fall together so far, especially since its all spiralling out from an Excel spreadsheet. Lots more ideas for the future too. I hope that RC can allow a similar sort of expansion.

#15 ·
QUOTE (pne4ever @ 26 Apr 2012, 11:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any idea what the track will look like?
Latest news from Dave:

The oval will be a rounded rectangle with five straight sections in between two banked corners at one end and a duplicate at the other but completly banked in the straight section. Does that make sense? I have built a new straight banked section and if its successful I will make another section to make a uniformed layout for the next Nascar.
Looking forward to it

#17 ·
Just read on the WHO Nationals forum, Many Congratulations Gareth and Emily on the birth of baby Dylan, Fantastic, come back to us soon though dude 'cause WHO it won't be the same without you,
And big up the mighty Dadson, job well done sir on your EAHORC win, Superb,

Counting down the hours, minutes , seconds till tomorrow, can`t wait, jubbly.

#18 ·
QUOTE (woodcote @ 28 Apr 2012, 10:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Latest news from Dave:

The oval will be a rounded rectangle with five straight sections in between two banked corners at one end and a duplicate at the other but completly banked in the straight section. Does that make sense? I have built a new straight banked section and if its successful I will make another section to make a uniformed layout for the next Nascar.
Looking forward to it

After reading all this it sounds like there will be a lot of banking sections!!!!!!! Arent we all ment to hate the banking sector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good luck to everybody racing tonight.

If you can't be there tonight then feel free to check out the online beta Project Gareth scoreboard . Any and all feedback welcome, as I'll be too busy racing to check its working ok.

If you're at the race, you can keep track of the race results as they happen on your smart phone here. You can also upload photos directly to the scoreboard page. PM me for details or ask me tonight.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
As diesel said, we're giving Project Gareth a trial run tonight

It's an amazing project and diesel has put huge amounts of work into it

Those coming to the race, please bring your smartphones and I'll give you an email address you can use to upload your pics of the evening to the Project Gareth page

I hope diesel has had time for some car prep too - he was pretty fast at the last Nascar race...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.