SlotForum banner

Vette 54 " Hill climb"

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  petestrike 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi boys,

here´s my next project. That will become a Corvette that could be driven in this style at a hill climb.

The body will be cleaned as possible ( Bumpers and each chrome will be cut of)

my choise of color is black and red, with out much sponor decal ( private driver
)

Here´re the first pics

progress will follow soon

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi boys,

here´s a little update. Filling, sanding, priming is done and the first spraying shows the way i wanna go. Decided to fix light ( front - rear) to drill in a hole for a three mm led was easy, but for the rearlights hard to handle. The wings are only 4,..mm. But i had luck and don´t drill any hole in the bodysurface

Color is Tamiya flat black, red one will be humbrol flat red.

Also made a little motor tuning

here you can see how small that is

hope you like it a little bit
critics and comments are welcome

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi boys,

front lights are installed looks , ähh, i change the middle ones - too blue. as i sathem on the display in the shop the didn´t look so blue. will change them i think

also started with some detailing

#10 ·
Hi Frank.
Interesting build.
Who made the body?... is it a resin re-cast or plastic?
On a detail note, you say its to represent a 50's style Hillclimb 'Vette...but would they have had extra spot lights?
Nice work, keep the pictures and build details coming.
Regards Bill

#11 ·
Hi Hobby,

it´s a resin re-cast!

And this is a free interpreted version, that could be driven at a hill climb. And the extra spot lights are installed cause it was a night race

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Frank,

How are you doing i hope all is well,
we should have another meet-up again MMM style with some nice cool beverages to keep the muse going,
had a good time then with the lads in Italy.

The car looks great, i love the Evil look of it, good detailing too.
Your front and rear lights are very impressive and of-course.....
Matt/Suede/Satin black rocks

Cheerio and all the best

#15 ·
QUOTE (petestrike @ 22 Apr 2012, 20:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i dread to think what the "passenger" is up to?!!.....

Don't have nasty thoughts, she's only looking for the cigaret lighter he has dropped, and you know what they're saying, smoking can be dangerous.

Cheers,
Danny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.