SlotForum banner

Suburbian Filling-/Gasstation

7K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Ember 
#1 ·
Hi Freaks,

there was need of a new fillingstation for the Targa Suburbia and as there was some creative virus that kept me from sleeping last night, I used the time for scratching. There is a result that can be seen here. As you know, the old station was destroyed with the targa strada del vino. As I liked the old one, the look is relatively similar but it is smaller to keep me away from the old scale-problem. Its not finished yet and the place of photography isnt its later position but I hope you like it anyway.

I love these nights! Thoughts and comments welcome!

Regards Jens.

See less See more
#2 ·
Stunning, absolutely stunning

You can almost hear the tinkle of a little bell as the only customer of the day opens the door.

Just one teeny tiny thing - the hooks holding up the rain guttering could do with a little weathering - but that is nit picking. If I could make something half as good I would be very pleased with myself!

Great job.

#5 ·
Jens,

That is absolute cracking! Simply beautiful! I love the detailing work that you've managed. The aging of it looks great!

#7 ·
Great night effort!

/Christian

#9 ·
This is so unfair!

I sit and plan, cogitate, draw a sketch, sit, think some more, have a drink....and in the meantime you've done it...and worse still its a hundred times better than I'll do in a hundred nights.

Superlatives fail me, brilliant.

I've just found and read the threads on your tracks plus the trees, captivating. I totally agree with you, it should be fun, it should be what you want and it should have wonderful scenery, but I also acknowledge that everyone has different ideals.

Ray.

#11 ·
Another cracking job Jens.

Don't you just love the creativeness available in the wee small hours of the night? Ok, I don't get out to the track and build, it's too darned cold and I'd be in trouble, but certainly most of my writing and design work is done in the still, dark hours. There's something inspiring about night.

Embs

#13 ·
Hello girls and boys,

thank you very much for your kind words and compliments. Much appreciated. A garage was missing, too, so I decided to build one. Here is the result.
Detailing is still missing but one can figure out what it will be when ready. I used polystyrene, 5mm thick, for the new buildingwalls this time. Cutting out the walls just with a cutterknife is much faster then the plywoodcutting with saw. Rest of the buildings is as always ply, coffeestirrers, matches, cardbord, tileglue, brass from mustardtube and so on... Big frontdoor is one of the little surviving parts of the 1960s gas station

Hope you enjoy
!

Hole in the wall is due to future position on the track. More photos to follow.

Regards Jens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.