SlotForum banner

Dockyards Lane

15K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  HAPPY 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi girls and boys,

the Targa is finished (as far as a track can ever be finished). Inspired a bit by uksqueezeas "Arround the houses" I decided to start with a dioramalike scenic project having some dockyard/wharf as the basic theme. First to be used only to display and photograph some cars, later maybe to be an addition to the Targa Suburbia. Thought that the wharftheme could give some fine opportunities to play with scratchbuild buildings and scenerydetails. I guess we will have to wait and see what it might become in the end, as you know my attempts often turn out to look different from the way they once were planned...
Okay, first step is done: I scratched the first of the buildings: Dockyard Lane No.1, a little fishermans hut, yet without any details but here it is so far.

Being very curious how some more buildings might turn out.
Regards Jens

See less See more
#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for your kind words. I hope the thing turns out that fine everybody is expecting here
, lets see.

@rallyP, Lasp and 90sF1Kid: Most times there is no real plan, the buildings just "happen". This is why there is no real way to explain how they are made. You might watch the threads for the "1960s Gasstation" or the "little green shed" to see the base. Links can be found below in the signature. Many ideas are just tryed out (and you only can see the ones that worked fine on the forum
) If you have any special questions you are of cause always welcome to ask. Otherwise just come arround here and we will try to build one or two together

@gokartride: The stovepipe here is a part of a kit in "O" gauge from the modelrailroaders. The company is Preiser.

Regards Jens

#18 ·
I know what you mean Jens. When things are happening, even stopping for a photograph isn't in the picture. You slip into a sort of meditative state. Even interrupting to reach for a camera is not a possibility. And if you manage to do that the inspirational flow is disrupted and there's not always the chance of getting it back.

But really, I have nothing on you, Sir. I genuflect in your direction as an unworthy acolyte.

Embs

#20 ·
Exquisite, Jens, as always.

/Christian

#21 ·
Hi freaks,

here we go: Dockyard Lane No.2 - an old, closed fishtin-factory. Looks great in combination with Dockyard Lane No.1. Hope you like it, too.

...some details

It is not completely finished, yet. Some details (lamps, waterpipe...) still missing.
Sorry, quality of photos is not too good today. Regards Jens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.