Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SlotForum News Section - Please read!

NOTE: New posts in this News Section can only be added by forum Administrators and Moderators.

If you have a News story, relating to Slotcar industry news, then please send us a press release together with photos by email to: admin@slotforum.com

SlotForum Administration retain full editorial control over the content published here and will edit or remove material if we deem it appropriate to do so as it is displayed on the Front Page of the Forum and is automatically linked to by other Internet Slotcar Forums via RSS feeds.
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slot.it News - Matra-Simca MS 670B, #8 Le Mans 1974 Bob Wollek, J.-P. Jaussaud, J. Dolhem
JEXY1
post 5 Mar 2014, 18:02
Post #1

Gareth Jex
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 95

Slot.it News;

Matra-Simca MS 670 B - #8 Le Mans 1974
Drivers: B.Wollek, J.-P. Jaussaud, J. Dolhem
Code: CA27a
Official selling date: March the 20th

The Matra-Simca MS 670 was a Prototype race car that won the Le Mans 24 Hours 3 times in a row (from 1972 to 1974) as well as the World Manufacturers Championship twice (1973 and 1974).

The car was designed by Bernard Boyer and Jean-Louis Caussin. The long tail version, designed in '74 for Le Mans, was still called '670 B', 'B' being the distinctive letter of all Matras that were fitted with the Porsche 5-speeds gearbox.

The chassis was an aluminium monocoque, with fiberglass body. The engine was a 3-litres V12 at 60°, with aluminium block and head; bore was 79.7 mm and stroke 50.0 mm. Its sound was extremely loud.The version used in '74 for Le Mans was the 'MS 73', with a maximum torque of 320 Nm at 8400 rpm , reaching a maximum power of 450 HP at 10500 rpm. On the Mulsanne straight the car could top 320 kph. Brakes had Girling ventilated discs, all-round; in 1974, the rear brakes were moved inboard. Rims dimensions were 13” x 11” at front and 15” x 15” at rear.The car weighted 693 kg.

There were three '670 B's racing in Le Mans in 1974. Number 8 was driven by Jean-Pierre Jaussaud, Bob Wollek and José Dolhem.

Images and text as supplied by Slot.it

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+
PJF
post 5 Mar 2014, 18:46
Post #2

Trackhead

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,445

Very nice clap.gif

Anyone know if its inline etc, & can it be AW ?.

Its top of my shopping list for Gaydon.

Cheers
Paul.

--------------------

Tyneside slot car club, Unit 12, Helmsman House, Chirton Ind Est, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE29 8RZ www.tynesideslotcarclub.com

+
ggonsalves
post 5 Mar 2014, 19:04
Post #3

Learner Driver

Member No.: 9,486

Paul its a sidewinder.

--------------------

+
Slotcarmann
post 5 Mar 2014, 19:19
Post #4

Dave Capelen
Group Icon

Group: PLUS+
Member No.: 9,541

Lovely model...! Might have to save some pennies for this one! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+
ferraif40
post 7 Mar 2014, 13:39
Post #5

Jon Grainger
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,378

Maurizio, what are the dimensions of the model for scale racing?

+
Henk
post 8 Mar 2014, 07:19
Post #6

Henk
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,049

"Gitanes, cigarettes de France"

I wonder if this car will be available in countries where there is a ban on advertising tobacco products question.gif

I remember well that the first "Silk Cut" Jaguars had removable decals over the advertising.

Btw, a lovely car thumbsup2.gif

+
PJF
post 8 Mar 2014, 09:18
Post #7

Trackhead

Member No.: 1,445

QUOTE (Henk @ 8 Mar 2014, 07:19) *
I wonder if this car will be available in countries where there is a ban on advertising tobacco products

I think it should be ok, the avant slot Renault Alpine A310 came with the Gitanes logo !

Cheers
Paul.

--------------------

Tyneside slot car club, Unit 12, Helmsman House, Chirton Ind Est, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE29 8RZ www.tynesideslotcarclub.com

+
slotcrazy
post 11 Mar 2014, 04:33
Post #8

Trackhead
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,734

No one in Kiwiland says "pass me a gitane", so I think we're okay down here smile.gif

+
slotcrazy
post 16 Mar 2014, 01:51
Post #9

Trackhead
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,734

IMPOSSIBLE, or as the French would say il n'est pas possible

One privilege of being a distributor, is having access to new models before the general public. In the case of the Slot.it Matra, it has been sitting festering, calling to me from the work table, so today I decided to open one up and see what this little frog car, this "Simca" could do.

First glance showed me it has a wheelbase several mm longer than the McLaren and GT40, less guide-lead, (the length the guide is in front of the front axle), and more plastic behind the rear axle for "pendulum" weight. None of these made for a very promising performance.

First up, I just flattened and flared the stiff standard braid, loosened all 6 pod and both body screws 2 fulls turns, and threw it on the track, stock tyres, nothing glued, nothing trued; - and quickly got down to 5.65 seconds, which is anything but shabby on my track.

WRONG, OH So wrong, wrong, wrong wrong, wrong, wrong wrong, wrong, wrong wrong, the Maurizios' strike again

Back to the bench, swapped the rears for some glued and trued N22 rubber from a Group C Sauber, removed the "choke" from the motor in case it was fouling the underside of the body, adjusted the pod float a little, and back to track.

5.45 without trying hard, and it was wheel-standing out of the slot under acceleration out of the hairpin, smooth as butter.

Back to the bench
Trued the front tyres - didn't bother to glue on for a quick test. Added 4 grams lead to the chassis between the front of the pod and the body post, and moved the magnet to the front position in the pod - just to trim the forward weight balance.
Removed the front axle stoppers, fitted grub screws underneath and set the front ride height for full guide depth.

Back to the track
Better balance, and quicker, 5.3 . . .5.2 . . . 5.1 5.1 5.1 . .
Nope, not possible.... stopped to check the timing system.

5.2 mistake and a 5.3 as it came out of the last corner on the outside 2 wheels, guide airborne and dropped back into the slot. 5.28 5.16 5.11

Note. The car hasn't been disassembled since the factory, the chassis hasn't been flattened... nothing fancy....

For those of you who don't know my track, is a 64 foot (19.5 metre) wood routed track, tinned-copper braided with 8 turns. No magnetic effect.
The longest straight is 3.2 metres, and the next longest is just 2.2 metres.
Anything that can do around 5 seconds for 12.5 feet average speed per lap is bordering on qualifying for the 100 metres at the next Olympics.

Oh my.... I have a new favourite.

+
Pete-slot
post 16 Mar 2014, 07:09
Post #10

Trackhead
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,150

I spoke to Tony at Pendle yesterday (Saturday)... said they would be in stock in the UK
tomorrow (Monday).

it looks good, .... how did they get around the cigarette advertising ban ?

--------------------

170 FT of 6 lane NINCO on your doorstep!
5 minutes from Hampton Court - West Molesey, Surrey KT8 2LG

+
Kit Spackman
post 16 Mar 2014, 07:37
Post #11

Trackhead
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,855

As your track has no magnetic effect do you use the magnet on the car a moveable ballast weight then?

The car looks tres formidable! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Regards
Kit

+
Pete-slot
post 16 Mar 2014, 07:38
Post #12

Trackhead
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,150

looks like mag braid to me

--------------------

170 FT of 6 lane NINCO on your doorstep!
5 minutes from Hampton Court - West Molesey, Surrey KT8 2LG

+
munter
post 16 Mar 2014, 08:38
Post #13

Team Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,502

I have run on that track...it is not mag braid....3/16 tinned copper

--------------------
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

+
Kit Spackman
post 16 Mar 2014, 15:26
Post #14

Trackhead
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,855

He says 'no magnetic effect'............

--------------------
Regards
Kit

+
GregK
post 16 Mar 2014, 15:56
Post #15

Greg Kilkenny
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,296

how did they get around the cigarette advertising ban ?

Slot.It cars are not sold as "toys" so the ban does not affect them; children under 14 won't be buying them ...... smile.gif

+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 09:39
© SlotForum Copyright Notice - Please Read / © Aviso de copyright SlotForum - Léanlo, por favor / © A proposito del Copyright del contenuto di Slotforum - Per favore leggere attentamente