196 replies to this topic

#1 SlotPip

SlotPip

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I have documented the building of my first track on another forum. After some nights lurking around, seeing all these incredible projects, I decided to join and share my attempts over here. This time, it will be a hill climb in the Ardennes area in Belgium. The footprint will be aprox. 2.5 x 2.5 meters. It is going to be a single lane with double reverse loops. Before I throw in the first patch of pics, I would like to say Hi to S.O.F. AKA Bruce who I have met through Luf's website, and who has helped me a LOT so far with wiring diagrams, part numbers etc thumbsup.gif

thanks for watching!

building second track: A hillclimb in the Ardennes Pipguide development: What if a slotcar could slide with 4 wheels?

#2 abie321

abie321

Anthony Bartlett

• Moderators
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hey and welcome - good to have you on board and sharing. Your track looks superb!!

One of my colleagues at work is Lotus nut and I have done a rally with him here in Belgium. He goes at least bi-monthly and drives his car in the Ardennes and absolutely raves about the area, roads and fun. Good choice!!
Regards,
Anthony

#3 Julian_Boolean

Julian_Boolean

Slot Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

The Ardennes is great, it has Spa Francochamps and the MX GP used to be around the castle in Namur, and there's always a tank museum to visit.
Playing with toy cars

#4 Old Johnny

Old Johnny

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

I like the mountain biking shot..you must like the mud!

#5 Ember

Ember

One petunia in a field of onions

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Welcome. I'm very much looking forward to watching your track develop. I certainly see a lot of potential in the way you have started.

Embs
Anorak. Not just a fashion statement. It's a state of mind

TINY TYERS TARGA: The saga continues An old shed for my new cars: An old wooden garage under construction

#6 mattblack

mattblack

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Welcome! Great start to your track.

#7 Phil Kalbfell

Phil Kalbfell

Phil Kalbfell

• PLUS+
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I know you are new to this forum BUT you need to read about posting pics, these pics are way to big for this forum.The thread will not load on mobile devices.
Things that load O/K on the US Forum simply lock everything up here.
Try reducing the pic width to around 700 Pixels.
Phil

#8 Chappy

Chappy

Bob Chapman

• Admin
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Hi Slotpip, welcome to Slot Forum.
Glad you chose to post your build here. It looks great.
There are a lot of rally fans here, that will be eager to see your track progress, and there are a lot more of us that just appreciate great builds.
Keep the posts coming.
Bob.
Bob

#9 GRUNZ

GRUNZ

Slot Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Excellent project. I really like the difference track surfaces you are creating. Looking forward to more.

gio
cheers
gio
-----------------
Auckland Digital Slot Racing - ADSR

my previous rug layout - R.A.T.C.

a temporary Portimao layout - Portimao

#10 SlotPip

SlotPip

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

@Phil

Thanks for pointing this out, I would like to replace the pics with smaller ones, but I can not find the option to edit my post help.gif EDIT: aha now I see it, I was too late to edit my first post, sorry mobile 3G users!

building second track: A hillclimb in the Ardennes Pipguide development: What if a slotcar could slide with 4 wheels?

#11 SlotPip

SlotPip

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

some progress from the last two days...

Trying out viewpoints and elevation

started on the support frame

and this is the magic box that will switch polarity when the car completes a loop, that is, if everything works out, I am "electrically challenged" blink.gif so all I can try is to follow diagrams made by people who know what they are doing tongue.gif

#12 MrFlippant

MrFlippant

Slot God

• Members
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

It's hard to see what the elevation change is, but it looks like you could probably go a lot steeper. Just move it a little more each day, letting the MDF relax in between, until you get the proper elevation to make it truly impressive. smile.gif

Rainier Raceways \_(ツ)_/ Slot Car Wiki \_(ツ)_/ DRAWW \_(ツ)_/ Portable Track

#13 Ember

Ember

One petunia in a field of onions

• Members
  • 6,450 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

I tend to agree. It's a hill climb. Make it a decent one. Otherwise you might as well just call it a rally track.
Anorak. Not just a fashion statement. It's a state of mind

TINY TYERS TARGA: The saga continues An old shed for my new cars: An old wooden garage under construction

#14 SlotPip

SlotPip

Slothead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yes, I agree it could be steeper, though I must point out that the elevation I had in mind is only visible on the first two pictures. If I make it steeper, the lowest part has to be well under knee height, since I would still like to view the track at least slightly from above, not from the side, even at its highest point. I am not extremely tall, so I only have limited room to achieve this smile.gif

@Ember I devoured the build topic of your incredible garage, which is by far the most realistic thing at scale I have ever seen! It got me inspired to think about a sort of covered bridge thumbsup2.gif

#15 1 32 slotter

1 32 slotter

Joel LeNoir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Very cool start Pip........ Will be watching.... Go higher and build yourself a platform.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users