SlotForum banner
4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  theortoncobbler 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Inspired by some super previous builds on here and being a favourite F1 of mine, I would have to build a Tyrrell 006 one day.
Fortunately I discovered DNQ (Simon) on SlotForum produced a resin shell.
This was over three years ago (we will get around to it one day), with progress on and off------well for those who like to see the building of the car here is some previous progress. Automotive exterior Bumper Personal protective equipment Auto part Electric blue

Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Fender

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I decided on the variant driven by François Cevert at Montjuic Park 1973.

Tire Helmet Wheel Car Vehicle

I wanted to do one with a reasonable representation of the rear wing supports and suspension.

Toy Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Open-wheel car

Attachments

#3 ·
#4 ·
Mirrors and dimensions checked (measure twice cut once)------------measure 60 times cut----Start again !!!!!!! Fortunately not this time.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Ruler Office ruler Rectangle Vehicle Automotive exterior

The rear suspension and wing supports is like knitting a bird cage

Wood Gas Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system

Attachments

#5 ·
Its actually starting to look like an F1 car.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Household appliance accessory Machine Nickel Metal Composite material

Penelope Pitlane chassis with driver, wheels and tyres, steering wheel from Scalextric Tyrrell 002

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera lens Camera Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

#7 ·
Decals applied and off we go.

A few slight variation of the decals on various 006 (aren't there always ?).

Thank you to DNQ for the shell and Kevin at https://kevinoz-decals.com/who now does a full set of decals for the Tyrrell 006 (plus many more).

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

May be a resin shell will be available for the later version of the Tyrrell 006 one day ?

Attachments

#18 ·
Thank you for all the comments.

David L. I think I am slow building but perhaps we all are. I started this about 3 years ago (I have built others cars in the meantime). When you consider the research beforehand (and during) and then all of the work involved, they do take time.
After that we only have to fit it in with everything else in life.

David M. The rear uprights are plastic on this car, fabricated around Evergreen tube and filed. I have made some from brass on a few cars. I like the idea of using aluminium as brass is harder work filing etc. Using plastic makes them easy to fabricate and file to shape but get a bend or tension wrong with the piano wire and you can easily pull a hole through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.