SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, somebody knows that it marks of paintings (Tamiya, vallejo, etc) in Spain it produces the color Marlboro.

Greetings

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
It's really a day-glo orange (Tamiya do it I think) so that on TV it really looks red. Ferrari moved to something similar a few years back.

Trouble is, from a model point of view, we are so used to seeing the cars on TV that it looks wrong while red looks right.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Scott is right , I get to see the old Mclaren Marlboro cars quite often and they
more and orangey red than a proper red - yet in photos film they are red.

Though saying this I can think of what colour you need to buy

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Tamiya sell a flourescent red in their spray paint range reference number TS36, this is a close approximation to the old Marlboro McLaren red.

Marlboro changed their colour a few years ago after they started sponsoring Ferrari, for this colour I use a Halfords car spray, Mars Red with a coat of clear lacquer which is reasonably close to the correct shade.

David

·
DT
5,195 Posts
The Marlboro Red is made from either:

2 parts Tamiya Acrylic red + 1 part Humbrol Acrylic red

or

Humbrol Fluorescent Fire orange + Gloss topcoat

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
For everything Marlboro (McLarens, Penskes, Porsches... etc.) except post-1996 Ferraris then either the Tamiya or Humbrol's flourescent orange will do the trick.

For everything since 1997 - Ferraris, Mitsubishis and Peugeots - Tamiya has a bright red called Italian Red (surely that wouldn't be a nice way to avoid the licencing fee??)

To confuse things in future there is new packaging on Marlboro **** in a new red with no chevrons on it and the 'Marlboro' embossed not actually written. This is going to help beat the tobacco advertising ban because they're going to paint the entire Ferrari this colour with no other branding except small Shell and Bridgestone logos.

When all the other sponsor deals like Vodafone run out in 2006, Marlboro will pick up the tab for the entire car and hope that its shade of red is going to be distinctive enough for people to associate the car with the *** packet without the overt branding, which will of course be banned.

It's just a shame that Marlboro didn't choose to use the old 1970s Rosso Corsa!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts