SlotForum banner

007 DB5

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mattblack 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there added a digital chip to the 007 Aston Martin DB5? I know I'll need a soldering iron and I've watched a video online on how to. Curious which chip I would need.

#3 ·
This has been done but I can't find the thread that relates to it ........ if my memory is right (don't count on it) the guy used an F1 C7005 chip.

#4 ·
Hi
Yes from memory this one was done within a few days of being released to the public, and was of course advertised by Scalextric as not siutable for digital conversion.

F1 chip it was.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the tips friends. I'll either cut the wrong wire or burn my finger when I try to do this, but I must have it for my 007 layout! One thing that worries me is that the new Skyfall set that is coming out with the DB5 and Range Rover states that the cars are DPR, so I'm wondering if I should wait and buy the Skyfall set of cars?

#7 ·
Here's my official response from Hornby USA in regards to the Skyfall Aston Martin.....they don't even know if the twinpack cars are DPR:

Dear David,

Thank you for the inquiry. I did see that the description for the Skyfall set shows the cars as DPR but until I get a chance to actually see the DB5 I would be hesitant as previous issues of this car are not DPR. As for the 2 car limited edition pack- as Scalextric has not specifically announced the cars to be in this pack my observation from above may still hold. My apologies that I could not be more definitive.

Kind regards,

Product Logistics/ Technical Support
Hornby America Inc.

#8 ·
QUOTE (Jawsfan @ 26 Sep 2012, 23:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the tips friends. I'll either cut the wrong wire or burn my finger when I try to do this, but I must have it for my 007 layout! One thing that worries me is that the new Skyfall set that is coming out with the DB5 and Range Rover states that the cars are DPR, so I'm wondering if I should wait and buy the Skyfall set of cars?
Well you might as well wait and see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.