SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this on the getslotted web site and I'm rather tempted to purchase it... the product description says it has a redesigned interior, a new pinion and blue ring and new chassis. Does anyone think that this model is going to be beleaguered with the same problems as other Fly cars, or will the problems have been addressed?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm assuming that it's the Racer variant which means it will have an inline motor, mid-mounted, rather than front mounted. Therefore it won't have any of the problems inherent in a front engined slot car. Oh, and it's a faster motor too I think.

Mark.
btw the Front engined FLY Zakspeeds can be made to run beautifully

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
QUOTE btw the Front engined FLY Zakspeeds can be made to run beautifully

Lies, he tells you none.

Swiftly a favourite are they made.

G

·
I prayed my Capri with "Plasticoated" primer from Halfords, then a two tone spay which I use on my R/C lexan body, two coats of lexan paint and finished up with two coats of clear lacquer

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great! Thats that sorted then. I have great plans for this model...

Don't know if this is any use to you guys, but in the past I have used these bods for various bits and bobs -
Model Flags
they mainly do garb for model ships, but I think some of their lettering will be useful.

Dave

G

·
..... Sorry Muffin Man my girlfriend replace them with a Bay City Rollers scarf!

..... if you look closely you can just make out the furry dashboard!

The back wing, doors and vents are red and the body work has a base colour purple with a two tone green and gold coat. The colours change as the light hits it man! ( the photo is not a good colour rep)

Dome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.