SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

How dumb would I be for putting an NC 5 engine in my models I am building? Would it kill it? Or should I be looking for a 1/24 specific motor. I'm sure someone has run these motors in larger cars.

Thanks

-Maltese

·
Registered
265 Posts
Try the Nincos and see if you like them. Many of the 1/24 motors require more current than a wall- wart can provide, so if you are using a wall- wart The Nincos should be good. (And possibly the only readily available motors.)

Fly on!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So running a NC5 on a 24V 6Amp would work OK? Would the motor work too hard and die too early?

I want motors and such for my 1/24s but I don't hear of them and their specs too much. I just hear about the wing cars and I have no interest in attaining THAT unrealistic of speed.

Thanks

-Maltese

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
can you be more specific as to what chassis /body type ie hard plastic or lexan you plan to use for your 1/24th cars ,The carrera 1/24th use a motor similar in performance to an nc2 , I have run fox and cheetah motors in 1/24th flexy cars with good results , but youve got to keep them light to get good performance .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry Maltese, I was unaware you were running 24v/6a. The NC5 will likely fry. Perhaps some research is called for. I'll find out if you like. Just let me know, I can probably have a good result in one phone call.

Cheers!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to run plastic chasis, much like the Carrera chassis. I have a couple of protrack chasis, though. I suppose I could keep my power diald down to 18-20 Volts like the standard power packs. I understand that having up to 1-2 Amps per car is a good thing and that the car will only draw the amps it needs.

Some folk here posted that they are running 3-4amps per lane without issue for years.

-Maltese

1 - 6 of 6 Posts