·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Can we have a show of hands for those interested in 1/24 racing
  1. ..where do you race?
    what do you race?
    are there regular meetings?
    is there a uk championship?
    would you like a race weekend organised?

cheers, Pete & Jim... Visit big G for 1/24 racing

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I think we should mention the words 'truescale' and ' hard bodies' tho truescale lexan probably ok.

Pete and I are starting to play with some BRMs and are looking at converting some static plastic kits.

I've done a tsr chassis with group c bodies (956 and c9)

The new scaleauto chassis looks good...

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Jim & I from gainsbrough club are just playing around with BRM stuff at the moment, mainly as a side line to 1/32 nsr, slot it etc etc since we have access to the wider/larger routed track at the club.....previously used for BSCRA stuff...that doesn't interest us at the moment.
We plan to use hard bodies on plastic, self made or the scaleauto type chassis.

We considered racing but find locally there isn't much advertised, wondered about holding our own event...so just gauging interest in the forum.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ha Nitro

In AUS I have a group of 3 to 4 slotters that run a weekly race meet on 3 different Carrera Digital tracks.
We run 12 different race categories; eleven are 1:32 plus one 1:24 race.

The 1:24 race is great fun but for us 1 race is enough.

My 2 1:24's

Cheers

·
Dave Cummings
1,418 Posts
Molesey club have been racing 1/24th BRM's since last years 24hr race, they also participated in an event run at Norwich I think (individual event). This year the BRM's have been run as a class every month and have been very well received I think. Some of us are now moving toward the Scaleauto's, the Jag due out later this year looks fab.
I have also just bought one of the modified cars from Pendle's site, the Aston DBR9, can't wait for it to arrive.

Speaking to Nic at Pendle I think they are also looking to start running the Scaleauto 1/24th's from Jan, so who knows, maybe 1/24th hard bodied racing will take off in this country.

Looking at Niels' cars that they race in Belguim and across Europe, they are gorgeous

·
John
1,340 Posts
A show of half a dozen hands from Hawthorne Park Slot Car Club in Liverpool.

Knight Rider, Good luck with the modified car from Pendles, it has undoubtedly been made by one of our esteemed members Mr. Martin. A retired gentleman who eats, sleeps & breathes slot cars!

We have run hard bodied conversions for many years, in the early days it was the K&B chassis, then JK, some plafit scholeor and most recently BRMs and Scaleautos.

The BRMs are incredible, but the Scaleauto (MSC Competition Chassis) with the BRM wheels and larger contrate is better!

We will definately be running the scaleautos with Pendles, the sponge tyres offer good grip, equal performance and maybe the only tyre option in that series.

No lexan here though!

Cheers

BSN

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, there seems to be a healthy interest, We would like to run an event at Gainsbrough so may put up a proposal in the next few weeks...thanks Guys.

with scaleauto wheels & sponges

standard

·
John
1,340 Posts
Hi Nitro,

That is the best of the BRMs out. great runner and has the snags in the earlier models sorted.

I know they are a pain, but invest a little time truing and oiling the original tyres and they will be fantastic. I trued mine on wet and dry with 3in1 oil to stop them overheating. gently, slowly and carefully.

I am still trying to find the point at which they wear out! I have got some very skinny rears through wear which are still great.

So much so that I am going to try them on my scaleauto porsche when it is finished!

Cheers

BSN

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Cheers to all for showing there interest.

@n9949y - I saw your GT on slotblog - quite an old post I think.

There is a real good community for 1/24th on slotblog, and yeah the cars that Fola, niels, NdW and others produce are stunning.

I hope 24th hardbody does take off over here. I think as has been mentioned the Scaleauto cars may perk up interest.

I am surprised how well the BRM goes (I have an older 956). Considering it is just a hunk of injected plastic, the chassis goes well. Against 'my' TSR chassis'd Sauber C9 the BRM can hold its own. The TSR I think is ultimately the quicker car but mine is too powerful for our track and the BRM is more driveable. The TSR is spinning up a lot. Maybe I will try some wider rears!

88C looks well Pete - we just need to sort out the inserts!

·
Kevin Golloghly
2,204 Posts
So who`s up for the 2nd running of the British Championship at St.Olaves again? If I get enough interest it will go ahead

Knightrider it was ASR not Norwich

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Guys
If you're serious about 1:24 cars.................
I'll immigrate to the UK from South Africa.
I've got all the BRM 1:24 scale cars, Tamiya 1:24 scale Porsches and Sauber Mercedes C9 and a variety of 1:28 scale kyosho bodies running on Plafit Chassis.
Cric Crac in Spain keep all the Plafit chassis & hop up parts plus all the ScaleAuto rim & tyre combinations your heart could possibly desire.
To my mind - there is little to beat the spectacle of BRM Porsche and Toyota cars doing battle on either Analogue or Digital tracks.
The ScaleAuto cars on MSC chassis are works of art. Have a look at the 1:24 scale RTR cars you can get from Cric Crac........ they'll make your eyes water.

Peter Leid
"He who dies with the most toys..... WINS!!"

But don't take my word for it - ask my friends - even ask Big Al.

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts

Agreed Pete. Yes if only we had the interest here like the UK, Europe, USA etc. It's a sad state of affairs right now, but nothing we can do unless someone wins the Lotto here and sponsors a nice location where I can build a decent track for us 1/24 Scale enthusiasts..

Al

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
At the Wellingborough club we have two tracks. On the raceway we regularly race BSCRA and D3 retro cars. We also have our annual Double Trouble vintage meeting when we race both 1:32 and 1:24.

CSCRA has developed rules for 1:24 hard body retro cars but we haven't yet organised a meeting. I haven't been able to get to the club for a while due to injury but I'm on the mend. When I do I intend to discuss organising a meeting.

There are links to the club and CSCRA sites below.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's my latest 1/24th- Lola B60/10 LMP1 car, using a Nick de Wachter body mounted on a Schoeler chassis.

By the way, the aftermarket decals incuded "Boris Said," as 1 of the drivers. Hence the trackside "Saidheads" fan club.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts