SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
Hi folks,

I want to build a chassis for the Saloon class to race at the North London race for Tottenham retro cars next month. The rules (available on www.abslotsport.com) state that it should be in-line in a style raced up to 1972.

Does anyone have any relevant plans, articles or whatever they could scan and post or mail to me please

Thanks in advance.

John

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Hi John
Take a look at Scratchbuilt.com, there are loads of suitable chassis designs.
Not sure but at the previous meetings we had both a hard body saloon and a vac bodied saloon class, which one do you want to build for?
If you have problems get back to me, however **** Kerr should be well able to help you out on this one as he been there done that Etc Etc.

Cheers
[oneofwos]

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John,

I've looked at scratchbuilt.com, it's agreat site. I've got a plan in my head but was just wondering if others had ideas.

I've built a chassis for the hard bodied class and am about to build one for the lexan bodied class.

Unfortunately I won't see **** for a couple of weeks as events (work, girlfriends birthday etc.) conspire against me getting to Wellinbugger.

John

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Well, I've stuck this up here before, but if it's any help...

It's the best I could do from memory of an inline from that period with drop arm floppy body mounts and pinwheel fronts. It's actually a sports car chassis, but wheelbase would be the only issue for a saloon body.

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Howmet,

That's sort of what I'm thinking of building but I'm too clumsy to solder rails together like that without un-soldering what I've already done so I'll use more brass sheet.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts