SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
This is one of those questions that could engender years of discussion. I'll address just a couple of the more obvious differences to get things rolling. First of all, using them both on the same track simply involves sizing the spacing between lanes to accommodate the larger cars (1/24). You may also want a variable power source to adjust between newer (if also lower amperage) motors, than the vintage cars. And that brings up a whole host of other issues...are you thinking vintage 1/24? Lots of new stuff is available in 1/24 however gobs of vintage chassis and parts are available at pretty competitive prices...also, huge quantities of kits are available as scratchbuild donors in that size. I think 1/32 pretty much speaks for itself...lots of parts and rtr cars. Slightly harder to detail due to size, but no big deal there. Ok...now I'll hand off to the next slotist to broaden the answer some.

John

PS since you specifically asked about wood routed tracks...I do think that 1/24 "settle into" a wood routed track better. it's something you should try and compare for yourself IMO.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.