Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a test I wanted to mount one of my Mini-Z body's on a slotcar chassis. I had an old Plafit Super 24 chassis laying around, and I picked the Ferrari 430 Scuderia GT2 (more livery's are available from Kyosho).

Car specifications:
- Plafit Super 24 Chassis
- Motor: Plafit Fox II
- Wheels/Tires: SC-2420P 25.5 x 13 Procomp 3, wheel 21mm in rear and SC-2702P 25.5 x 8 hard comp , wheel 21mm in the back. The 21mm wheels allow the use of the wheels that come with the body as insert.

The pictures:

On a Ninco track, with an 1/32 BMW M3 next to it.

I tested the car on our wooden track at SlotRacersLeuven and it was slightly faster than my out of the box (changed the tires specific to the track) Slot.it Mercedes Gr C, that is on 12V. As I'm not used to drive these bigger cars and metal chassis I have to say the feeling was a lot different and I like it!

The car looks really stunning, and the bigger scale gives it more detail than smaller scale cars. I hope we can run such class in near future, but it's a step away from our regular 1/32.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looks like a good combination. We are kicking off a mz class in a few weeks at our local track using pointer motors. Should be fun

- Cam

·
Registered
329 Posts
I raced Plafits for the first time at the nationals and the Mini z was a good class. good selection of bodies and had the usual Plafit smoothness. I really like the look of the beautiful Enzo body but unfortunately its not a homogolated body.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,718 Posts
Did you have to do anything to the body to get the wheels to fit? I am looking at doing up another Mini-Z I have the 962 Porsche - and thought they need 19mm wheels. I have a spare set of 21mm Scaleauto wheels so if I can save some $$ and use them with out needing to alter the body (not allowed) then that would be good.

cheers
David

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have never run a plafit chassis, nor another 1/24 on that big track before, but the Plafit feels really smooth. It's a complete different feeling from a 1/32 chassis, but still very fast on 12V with the Fox2 motor.

@dangerousmouse: the wheels fit perfectly under the body, you do not have to change anything. And as a plus, the original Mini-Z wheels can serve as inserts is you make them (a lot) less wide, but the diameter of 20mm is ferfect fit into the 21mm scaleauto wheel. Pay attention that a Gr C has smaller wheels in the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Olá amigos.....aqui no Brasil estou iniciando a categoria MINI-Z SLOT 1:28.
Usamos chassi PNSLOT e carrocerias de MINI-Z.
Os motores estamos usando o SC-16 de Scaleauto com 30K de RPM.
As rodas tb são as Scaleauto com pneus PROCOMP 3.
A coroa é de 43z e o pinhão de 10z.
Fantástico rendimento.

Abraços.
Gustavo - Guslot
www.guslot-z.blogspot.com

Hello friends ..... I am starting here in Brazil the category SLOT MINI-Z 1:28.
We use PNSLOT chassis and bodies for MINI-Z.
The motors we are using the SC-16 with 30K RPM Scaleauto.
The wheels are Scaleauto tb tires PROCOMP 3.
The crown is the 43z and 10z pinion.
Fantastic performance.

Gustavo - Guslot
www.guslot-z.blogspot.com

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts