SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a 1971 or 1972 Road Runner or Charger, can be a slot car or a model kit, but must be in 1/32 scale, I've got both as HO slot cars, but neither seem to be made as 1/32 cars, plenty of earlier Chargers and Road Runners but none of the later car (which is very different to the earlier one)

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The lights and grilles change on every year Roadrunner, make the 1971 car. My experience of Betta Vac -Form car bodies is that they are made for putting on a BRSCA chassis rather than being a scale reprosentation of a car.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
QUOTE (choc-ice @ 22 Aug 2012, 23:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was wondering about a CJ7 jeep, they were everywhere on TV at the time as well! But not for the moment

I think the Jeep in DoH was a CJ-5 (my dad worked at a garage that sold AMCs and Jeeps in the late 70s) the CJ-7 is noticeably longer. When I were a lad I had a 1:32 die cast CJ-5, I think it was made by Britains.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ordered mine, it'll be a blue No.43 Richard Petty replica if I can find the decals in 1:32.

Mr. Modifier, I think you'd be better off putting an HRS under an SCX Plymouth Barracuda, the Barracuda is pretty big and low.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
This Roadrunner is going to end up being my most expensive slot car by the time I've bought paint and decals for it, that's not even including the cost of motor, wheels, tyres and gears which are coming out of my spare parts selection.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thanks Jon

To be honest I'm really pleased that Gareth has made the body shell, I'm just hoping I manage to finish this build and it doesn't join the pile of half finished projects that I've got laying about.

Next I just need to find an event to race it in, how about NSR having an Classic Nascar day, though no CSRCA pedantic rules please, I really can't be worried about scale accuracy, near enough is good enough for me.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 23 Jul 2013, 17:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>6th August is our Le Mans open class. Why not pop over and have a go? I can lend you my spare car - Slot.It R390

I might do that, but it'll depend on what we're doing that day, if the weather's good we'll probably be surfing.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I've been pretty lucky with weather when I've gone to South Wales, unlike when I go anywhere south west of Bristol when the heavens open as soon as I get there.
Though as I live in the driest part of Britain, I should stay at home if I want good weather, but the waves are pathetic here.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Picked mine up from the post office this morning, the body is very nice, probably weighs less than a carrera dodge charger body, wheelbase is pretty long, I'll probably now use the chase chassis now that I've looked at it - it'll be race 'n' chase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.