SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I've been wondering if a Roadrunner would be worth doing, I couldn't find one already made.

What a shame I've also done an earlier Roadrunner which is just like the Carrera one, a Stingray which is just like the Revell one.... my scrap bin is overflowing and I'd rather not make another wrong one

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I'm just trying to check there's not one out there already. As soon as I'd done the earlier Roadrunner (but not a moment before) I found lots of people who already make them

I'll keep hunting for a little longer and if nothing comes up I'll see if I can get this one going

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Surfaces all stitched together and ready to be printed. Or so I thought... there's still the 1970s rear window louvres so they need to go, but otherwise it looks good

I think the rear lights changed between '71 and '72, is it better to do the 1971 version so it'll be eligible for more racing classes? Funnily enough my Cadillac or Van aren't popular with the racers

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Earlier this year I did the Cadillac and the '74 Dodge at the same time, since then I decided to finish one car before starting the next.

At last the pickup is nearly done so this Roadrunner has been restarted. As seen above, the proportions of the 3D data weren't quite right as well as being wrong in a few details. That's now being fixed so the silicone mould will be started soon

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Julian, did you say you were in a hurry for this car?

Steve Francis worked miracles with this one, he changed almost everything forwards of the windscreen, and everything behind the B post. Otherwise, it's been straightforward I think...

It could work well as a racer; it's quite wide as well as having a decent wheelbase so should be stable at speed.

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I'll weigh it once the body posts are in, I'm sure it'll be tough enough for a few knocks, I'm always amazed how much punishment these resin shells take.

Trial fit of chassis. A little low for my tastes

I'll fit the body posts soon and get things to the correct height, then I can alter the track to suit, the standard chassis is quite narrow by "full size" American car standards!

There will only be 3 of these available in the short term, this was really just a trial run.

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 22 Jul 2013, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we have a possible V8 Muscle class at the club next year
I'm just had a master of a Mercury Cyclone, similar proportions to the Roadrunner and a bit different to the existing stuff out there

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 23 Jul 2013, 16:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm holidaying near Neath

QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 23 Jul 2013, 19:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if the weather's good
Having grown up in the area, I think I can help you with the likelyhood of that

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 23 Jul 2013, 07:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@choc-ice - Remind me how you do the chrome? Some kind of pen if I remember right. I need to get one as it saves a ton of fiddly masking.
Edding 751 Paint Marker. Get one today, in fact buy 2!

QUOTE (stoner @ 24 Jul 2013, 13:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>choc ice the car you had sitting on the wheels is way to-high! for my taste. john
Fitted the body posts, this must look like a monster truck to you

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
You're right about the wheels being too inboard; I need to put some spacers on the front to push the wheels out and fit a longer rear axle. Instead I did some thorough internet research about Daisy Duke's car* and put some stripes on

* I was looking at the car, honestly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.