SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

· One petunia in a field of onions
6,433 Posts
Ah well. The RoadRunner will just have to do, I suppose. Actually, didn't Daisy have another one as well. The RoadRunner was Season 1 wasn't it? There was something else between it and Dixie.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
QUOTE (choc-ice @ 22 Aug 2012, 23:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was wondering about a CJ7 jeep, they were everywhere on TV at the time as well! But not for the moment

I think the Jeep in DoH was a CJ-5 (my dad worked at a garage that sold AMCs and Jeeps in the late 70s) the CJ-7 is noticeably longer. When I were a lad I had a 1:32 die cast CJ-5, I think it was made by Britains.

· Registered
6 Posts
I saw this thread on 71 Road Runner and had to check it out. As an owner of a 71 I was interested to see if anyone has made one.
71 thru 74 are all some what similar, but are not the really the same. The 71-72 is the body that Petty raced, it has a front bumber that loops around the headlights.
The 73-74 is like the Dasiy Duke car, it has a different front clip than the 71-72 and its front bumper is under the headlights.
The car shown here looks like a combination of the two cars. If I could figure out how to post pics I could show pics of mine, and old pics of 73's have used to have.

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Earlier this year I did the Cadillac and the '74 Dodge at the same time, since then I decided to finish one car before starting the next.

At last the pickup is nearly done so this Roadrunner has been restarted. As seen above, the proportions of the 3D data weren't quite right as well as being wrong in a few details. That's now being fixed so the silicone mould will be started soon

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Julian, did you say you were in a hurry for this car?

Steve Francis worked miracles with this one, he changed almost everything forwards of the windscreen, and everything behind the B post. Otherwise, it's been straightforward I think...

It could work well as a racer; it's quite wide as well as having a decent wheelbase so should be stable at speed.

· Circuit Owner
5,958 Posts

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I'll weigh it once the body posts are in, I'm sure it'll be tough enough for a few knocks, I'm always amazed how much punishment these resin shells take.

Trial fit of chassis. A little low for my tastes

I'll fit the body posts soon and get things to the correct height, then I can alter the track to suit, the standard chassis is quite narrow by "full size" American car standards!

There will only be 3 of these available in the short term, this was really just a trial run.

· Circuit Owner
5,958 Posts
Woo Hoo - mine's paid for and one the way.

Julian - hope you got yours.

Now to figure out a paint scheme and a chassis. Much as I LOVE the chase-cars chassis - we have a possible V8 Muscle class at the club next year and this could be the Daddy - with an HRS chassis, a Slot.It Orange can motor and one of GregK's magic turbo chips

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.