SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Stranger Things 2
570 Posts
Nice pick up Danny, always one of my fav Mercedes racers. As the others have pointed out there are 2 other Airfix/MRRC cars that fit into that same catagory .. they are ALL nice, and well worth getting.

The original motor/gear set ups shown in loosesalute (Kev's) reply are original, but i think even Kev would admit they are not the best runners with that set up ... OK, but certainly not great.

If you are not fussy about the car being original, and actually want to race that nice Merc when it's built, then a little work will bring out a good little racer. That relpy from mmmoose1 shows the 3 cars with later gears, and NC1's fitted .... maybe Ken would be happy to mention what mod work he did so you can do the same Danny.

· Stranger Things 2
570 Posts
QUOTE (mmmoose1 @ 10 Nov 2011, 19:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Danny

There were three prewar cars made by Airfix , the Mercedes that you have a Auto Union Type C and a Mercedes W154. I found all of them on Ebay over a couple of years and they are getting harder to find and more expensive now. Here are some photos of some of my early work built to race.

Regards Ken

Nice builds Ken ... NC1's are a perfect motor for these car.

Cheers, Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.