SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently bought an 1/32 Airfix slot body of a Mercedes 125W

Can anybody tel me if there are more 1/32 pre war Airfix models?
Does anybody have a complete model of the Mercedes 125W? I wonder if it's possible to see the inside of that model like gear and motor?
And my last question are these models common or hard to find?

Cheers,
Danny

· Registered
226 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the information. You all got me thinking, I think that I'm going to wait until I got the original mechanism of the car. Why make it your self difficult when there's a perfect system available, and I agree that the model should be approached as a restoration project rather then a scratch build. Pertti jarla has a good point, it's worth to stay with the original motor, and to me the joy slot racing is more the building, that it runs smooth and it's ecstatic looks are like the real race cars, rather than being the fastest on track with the most powerful motor.
I think a nice paint job and Perter Sussex wheels are going to be my only extra contribution that I'm going to ad.
So by this, should there be anybody out there, who by any chance, has got the original interior parts and who want to help me out please contact me with a PN.QUOTE (Rob J @ 11 Nov 2011, 03:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Danny: If you want the original wheel-axle units, the best source is probably Phil Smith and his scaleslotcars.com site. They can be used with a modern motor. I'm not sure what Ken has done but some people have glued them in. If the wheel-axle units are not listed on Phil's site you could ask him direct or through Slot forum.
Rob J
@Rob
I've tried to look up Phil Smith on the Forums member list, but nothing came up. And on his web side there's no contact link. Do you have his contact information or what pseudo name he uses here on the Forum?

Cheers,
Danny

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First of all I want to thank everyone who helped me to get all the part to restore the car. A very big Thank you.

I've been looking at the model, and I've got a small dilemma in how far to go with the restoration.

I defenatly don't want to change anything to the intern mechanism and motor. The wheels are going to be from Peter Sussex. thats alreaddy decided.

The body is at the moment an unpainted body (very light green pastel).
My mind is made up, that it's going to be silver, like the real cars where.

The dilemma sits in the detailing of the body.
Should I open up the cokpit, or should I do like Ken(mmmoose1), keep it original and just paint it matt black

Also the feul lid is absend and the lines in the body aren't detailed.
Al this detailig isn't a problem for me to do, the question is, should I do it with this model?

Love to get some opinions

Cheers,
Danny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.