SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kev,

Funny thing is it is geared in such a way that nothing really stops it.
4WD FTW.

Thanks DJ,

If i can find the kit i will,
use to have Blackfoot all tricked out.
Allu CNCed wheels etc, changed gear box for the old GRass hooper which meant it had changeable gear ratio.
Oil damped shocks froma Marui Shogun etc etc. great fun to drive.
Also had the Mud Baster Body that fitted right on.
Until i got stupid and traded all of it for a Moped

...<---<< me remembering more stuff.

Had a stash of Radio controlled Cars (8) and a Speedboat at my dad in the Garage,
when i reminded myself of what i had i found out that my dad's new wife gave it all to a friend of her with a little snot nose kid..

Same goes for nearly all my toycar collection and Slotcartrack..She is so nice and good to people

*rant mode over*

·
Registered
530 Posts
btw that is a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin and a very nice conversion.

Now go squash some (slot)cars

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
Check out my "Tamiya" "Slot" monster trucks Video A quick search on YouTube should also bring up some more clips of my "slotted" Monster Trucks.

Would like to build some more but have not had much luck in finding any of the kits at reasonable prices.
As far as I can make out Tamiya do not market their 1/32 kits in the UK.

Dave S

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all...

I have built a few Monster Trucks as well using the Tamiya kits..

One place I have purchased them from is Hong Kong (via Ebay) look under... Toys & Games>Model Kits>Models.. then Cars 1:32 scale.
The kits are not to expensive at between £6.50 and £9.99, Unfortunately the P&P is around £6.99... The range is quite big.

For very unusual kits ideal for slot car conversion, I dont think the price is excessive..
Its a shame they are not available from a UK importer, as they are great fun to build as well as drive.
Have fun....

All the best.. Martin.

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hehehe Peter,

I may have, or may have restarted.
The seed is now planted in the minds of people

Dave and Martin,

Nice to see that you also came to the same idea

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Nice work Jaak !

I move my BigFoot thread here. Hope you don´t mind.

My Bigfoot:

The Bigfoot was built to participate at "Super Street" class at a local club.

The Bigfoot width is 110mm (4.3") on its wheels. Nobody can overtake Bigfoot on adjacent (Scaley)tracks, but thats not my problem.

Driver is a chubby american with stetson hat on his head. Details are everything. I did try to find a 1:32 rifle to accompany him at the cockpit. Bigfoot body is a resin copy of a NewRay Ford F150. Dash, glass and driver seats are vacform. Driver is a resin copy of Preiser.

Chassis is various bits and pieces. 3mm axles from CDrom drive, Slotdevil ballbearings, SRP motors. Big wheels are from a plastic model kit, rear wheels are coated with Vytaflex40 for more traction. Main chassis is a single aluminium plate and each motor assembly is made of prited circuit board. Front and rear wheel-motor assemblies move freely on the main chassis plate and form kind of a suspension. Drop arm is aluminium bits and pieces, guide blade is NINCO.

At the track the driving feel was ... amazing. This is really something different. The car requires 10-15ohm controller, with higher ohm ratings the Bigfoot is difficult to control. I was able to run over at least one of other competitors.

Cheers!

Julius

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hey Julius,

Absolutely not

That is a fantastic beast you build there and I am having a good laugh at the thought of this beast barreling down the track devouring the other competitors one by one

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Thanks Jaak, let this be a thread for all things Bigfoot

Some action photos:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts