SlotForum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I’ve used Paul’s tyres and they worked good for me. It might be worth sending him a message to ask which of his tyres best suit your situation.

·
Greg Gaub
15,134 Posts
I have only good things to say about Paul Gage tires. Whether they're best suited to this use case might require some additional testing and comparisons with other tire types in similar conditions. All my my parties were indoors, and I have a variety of non-silicone tires, so cannot add my experience to the testing pool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
wasn't very far from that last weekend , spend quite a lot of time to clean properly and check everything.
have also clean the cars , run the motors on thinner , under 3v , oil on shaft....
how to clean braids ? also thinner then a drop of inox ?
thanks !

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I use compressed air to clean cars, don’t forget to wear eye protection :)

Regarding that picture above, none of the cars had any grip that day, no matter what tyres were on them.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
In my limited experience, I’ve found urethanes to be quite forgiving in dust, they seem to clean the racing line and move the marbles or dust to the outside of the lanes. But they stay clean on a Carrera surface whereas rubber tyres need constant cleaning. My experience does not extend to silicones.

Geographically, you are close to Australia and NZ which gives you plenty of reliable options I think... But there are great sellers in other parts of the world who offer fast shipping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
i know slotcar union.....but shipping cost are quite expensive !
is it forbidden here to give an advice on online shop ? is it taboo ? looks like nobody want to give an advice on that ! if it' s a problem , you can drop me a pm , i promiss it will stay confidential ;)
anyway thanks a lot !

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have used Armchair racer in Sydney, they have been great, and fairly local to me. But there are so many great sellers that I don’t want to deny the existence of them or opportunity for them by not naming them all! Some people on here own slot car businesses and to their own credit they stay quiet I think because they don’t want to be seen to be using the forum to push their business. You could try to join the Australian facebook buy/sell groups, I’ll PM you a couple of private sellers that sell slightly used slot cars at decent prices.

There was a couple of amazing track accessory deals on the major .au auction site recently, they pop up occasionally but best to set automatic notifications up rather than spend too much time scrolling through, speaking from experience :p

Occasionally if I can’t find what I’m looking for locally (specific cars for example) I’ll look at Pendles in England or Electric Dreams in the US, had good experiences with both. But there are many others with good reputations that I have not tried yet.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts