SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Lister.

Patto's is locted in Australia.

If you are in the UK, place your order on a Thursday, (Bruce at Patto's always posts his orders on a Friday) and it will be here by the following Wednesday.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
119 Posts
You could always make your own
(let me know if it works because I'm tempted to make my own but a bit nervous
)

[http://www.decal-paper-uk.com/products.htm[/URL]

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Vince

I have also bought some decal paper from your link.

Again I'm plucking up enough courage to try it!. I must have read the instructions twenty times!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've made a few of my own decals now. If you print with water soluble ink (as I do on my PC ink-jet) it is important to seal the decals well using a clear acrylic spray. I have had a slight problem on occassion with edge colour bleed where the decal is cut. To get round this make the cut as cleanly as possible and, depending on the decal, it might even be worth giving it another light spray of acrylic to seal the edges after you have cut it out. I have found that if you spray on too thick an "edge" coat though it becomes harder to get the decal to release from the backing and you risk tearing it that way.

If you want to see an example of home-made decals, my Ferrari in the Chassis Building thread uses them. These were not made with any precision on my part though as in this case I was just trying capture the "feel" of the real car.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Monarch Lines used to distribute DMC Decals (1/32 and 1/24) - not sure if they still do try dropping them an email to see who sells them.

www.monarchlines.co.uk/

Gareth
NSCC

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Firstly, a big thanks to Vince for his link to the decal paper suppliers. I bought some of the paper and also the Humbrol spray and had a play with it at the weekend, and was very pleased with the results. I'm not at all a skilled modeller, I'm much more likely to make a mess of things than have them come out looking good, but the paper was very easy to use and fix. I don't have Photoshop, but I created a Word document with various logos on which I found on the 'net, and then just printed them onto the decal paper. Highly recommended and a lot of fun too!

Mooster

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone know where I can find number roundels to replace the ones on my 1960s Scalextric cars? White with black numbers, about ½" diameter. I would prefer stickers to waterslide decals.

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Synth, MRE (www.mre.co.uk) may well be able to help.

I'm sorry, I have no idea where to find the clear stuff, however.

Mooster

1 - 16 of 16 Posts