SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Jim

Look here for your louvers http://www.archertransfers.com/AR88037.html and this is the small size. The decal sheet is 4.5 x2.75 inches to give you an idea of their size.
The best bet for wheels is to get them from Penelope Pitlane they give you the best bang for the buck. http://www.penelopepitlane.co.uk/wheels/vintage-wheel.html and he has the photo etched wire inserts and tires to go with them. He may have the insert decals done by now also.
Reply to my PM when you get a chance, I am sorta in the neighborhood so to speak. I have at least one shell from all the better resin casters for you to look at.

Ken

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Jim

I would put a bottom on the interior like the one in the blue car in the photos just below the sill on the side of the body. It looks like there is enough room for a FF050 motor to fit under it. If need be you could trim the inside of the interior for motor clearance and still have a platform for the drivers lower legs to sit on on the outer edge of the body.

I understand the time involved taking care of our older relatives, I hope everything works out well for your mother in law.

Regards Ken

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Jim

After doing some more research and seeing some photos of R Seaman standing next to his contemporaries he was a very lanky guy and that is why more of him is out of the cockpit compared to photos of other drivers of the time. The car he is photographed in ran at Indy in 1929 with Chiron as the driver so that is the connection to the oval cars gathered at Milwaukee.

The body is coming along well and the frame rails out the back are a great detail often omitted by resin casters, Keep me signed up for one. If you need some drivers to use as guides let me know I can send you some to consider.

Regards Ken

·
Registered
183 Posts
Very nice Jim, it looks like it has been well worth all the time that you spent on it. Looking forward to seeing the casting. Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts