SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We have just completed our wooden routed track. All the flexi cars as expected work great.

BUT, we are also very interested in the hard bodied cars out there.......

So far we have tried NSR, Fly and SCX. In our opinion we think the NSR cars are the better ones.

Whats everyones views on order of best to worst on a wooden track painted with polyurethane paint and copper braid???

1. NSR
2. Fly

Let's see what mixed replies I get back!

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
Out of the box with basic tuning (tyre true, chassis/body float and a bit of weight for no magnets)

IMO

NSR
slot.it

Ninco
Carrera/Scalextric
Fly
SCX

Ninco cars generally need a bit of extra tuning and then they go better on wood, Fly cars it depends on the car - some are better than others
Carrera - I have the new C6R and it is a smooth as the NSR one not quite as quick - all I have done is changed the tyres.

In most cases a tyre change is needed for all makes except NSR/slot.it - however in saying that I have found this varies from car to car. Some cars a bit of truing and they are as good on stock tyres as they are on urethanes

DM

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
IMO = In My Opinion

NSR = Noviello Salvatore Race (Hopefully the die hard NSR fans can confirm this).

Slot.it = Slot Italia

Hope that helps.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
sorry about that -

I think you will find everyone has a favourite IMO slot car - dang text slang that sneaks into the lexicon if I said NSR to a kid they would probably tell me it means Not Sure Really or something like that - and SCX could be....

so no IMO are not the fastest slot car mind you that would be a good brand name - IMO Slots the Best IMO

I remember when the only initials we used were OHMS and FAB (Virgil)

I didn't mention Pioneer as I don't own any however reports suggest they are as good as Scalextric cars.

So my corrected list

1.NSR 2. slot.it 3. Ninco 4. Carrera/Scalextric 5.Fly / SCX 6. Revell/Monogram

Though positions 3-5 can change given a particular car - e.g. the Carrera C6R would rank a close 2nd to my NSR C6R
and as I mentioned with a bit of tuning most cars can be made to run quite nicely on wood tracks either with buying some upgrade parts or just fixing what they came with - the only cars I haven't had a lot of joy getting to run really well on wood are Revell/Monogram which disappoints me as they make some very nice cars (E-Tpye Jag, Cobra Daytona, Lola T70, McLaren M6 etc etc etc)

cheers
DM

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I would try, in no paticular order, some of these:

Ninco Lightning with motor pod
Slot it
NSR
Avant Slot
Scaleauto
SCX PRO
Spirit

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks DM,

How to look old on a forum... LOL (I'll get my kids to help read the code of 3 letters!)

Cheers for your input

1 - 10 of 10 Posts