SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,863 Posts
Out of the box with basic tuning (tyre true, chassis/body float and a bit of weight for no magnets)

IMO

NSR
slot.it

Ninco
Carrera/Scalextric
Fly
SCX

Ninco cars generally need a bit of extra tuning and then they go better on wood, Fly cars it depends on the car - some are better than others
Carrera - I have the new C6R and it is a smooth as the NSR one not quite as quick - all I have done is changed the tyres.

In most cases a tyre change is needed for all makes except NSR/slot.it - however in saying that I have found this varies from car to car. Some cars a bit of truing and they are as good on stock tyres as they are on urethanes

DM

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,863 Posts
sorry about that -

I think you will find everyone has a favourite IMO slot car - dang text slang that sneaks into the lexicon if I said NSR to a kid they would probably tell me it means Not Sure Really or something like that - and SCX could be....

so no IMO are not the fastest slot car mind you that would be a good brand name - IMO Slots the Best IMO

I remember when the only initials we used were OHMS and FAB (Virgil)

I didn't mention Pioneer as I don't own any however reports suggest they are as good as Scalextric cars.

So my corrected list

1.NSR 2. slot.it 3. Ninco 4. Carrera/Scalextric 5.Fly / SCX 6. Revell/Monogram

Though positions 3-5 can change given a particular car - e.g. the Carrera C6R would rank a close 2nd to my NSR C6R
and as I mentioned with a bit of tuning most cars can be made to run quite nicely on wood tracks either with buying some upgrade parts or just fixing what they came with - the only cars I haven't had a lot of joy getting to run really well on wood are Revell/Monogram which disappoints me as they make some very nice cars (E-Tpye Jag, Cobra Daytona, Lola T70, McLaren M6 etc etc etc)

cheers
DM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts