SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot on my mobile phone with added cheesy aged effect, you lucky people....

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Very good! This is how 1960's slot cars should handle. Watching it makes me dislike my modern super high grip cars (not that I have that many) even more! I shall have to show it to the fast guys at the club, maybe it will make them a bit less obsessed with speed but I doubt it

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments, makes it worthwhile - lying on the floor trying not to squash the layout whilst controlling the phone and 4 cars was a bit more frustrating than I'd anticipated! luckily Mrs Cube took pity and I put her to work as a stunt driver.

She's already a four laner René, here's a helicopter shot of the pits...

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Fantastic video, lovely sliding too, especially at 0.20.
Any chance of more pix of your track?
Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
A very good period piece video!

But what I really noticed in your still photo is the complex pit arrangement you were able to build. It looks wonderful!
It is amazing, but not surprising, I guess, that the older track pieces allowed more design options than the modern Sport track. Oh, if we only had those pieces to add to our layouts!!!

Once again, congratulations on both your video and layout!
Cheers!

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Excellent, great work, love to hear a Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson style voice over - go on you know you want to...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone - I'll take some more pictures when I get the chance, you can't really see a lot more of the track but I hijacked one of Mirrormans threads the other day with some pictures as well: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55426

I think I'm going to have to do a commentary for the video now, it people wanted to suggest names for the four drivers and suitably amusing lines of dialogue, then I'll try and string all the best bits together and persuade an actor friend to do a classic under-enthused clipped English accent voice over...any takers?

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I`d love to know how you get that lovely crisp effect on your colour photos Cube, it really sets the scene!
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
455 Posts
QUOTE (sealevel @ 17 May 2011, 03:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A very good period piece video!

But what I really noticed in your still photo is the complex pit arrangement you were able to build. It looks wonderful!
It is amazing, but not surprising, I guess, that the older track pieces allowed more design options than the modern Sport track. Oh, if we only had those pieces to add to our layouts!!!

Once again, congratulations on both your video and layout!
Cheers!

If you want to fit some old track sections into your layout you can always use the converter pieces to combine the two

1 - 20 of 41 Posts