SlotForum banner

1/32 Perspective footage of Vintage Scalextric Layout

13K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  cube 
#1 ·
Shot on my mobile phone with added cheesy aged effect, you lucky people....

#10 ·
Thanks for all the comments, makes it worthwhile - lying on the floor trying not to squash the layout whilst controlling the phone and 4 cars was a bit more frustrating than I'd anticipated! luckily Mrs Cube took pity and I put her to work as a stunt driver.

She's already a four laner René, here's a helicopter shot of the pits...

#11 ·
Fantastic video, lovely sliding too, especially at 0.20.
Any chance of more pix of your track?
Cheers,
Richard

#16 ·
A very good period piece video!

But what I really noticed in your still photo is the complex pit arrangement you were able to build. It looks wonderful!
It is amazing, but not surprising, I guess, that the older track pieces allowed more design options than the modern Sport track. Oh, if we only had those pieces to add to our layouts!!!

Once again, congratulations on both your video and layout!
Cheers!

#18 ·
Thanks everyone - I'll take some more pictures when I get the chance, you can't really see a lot more of the track but I hijacked one of Mirrormans threads the other day with some pictures as well: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55426

I think I'm going to have to do a commentary for the video now, it people wanted to suggest names for the four drivers and suitably amusing lines of dialogue, then I'll try and string all the best bits together and persuade an actor friend to do a classic under-enthused clipped English accent voice over...any takers?

#20 ·
QUOTE (sealevel @ 17 May 2011, 03:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A very good period piece video!

But what I really noticed in your still photo is the complex pit arrangement you were able to build. It looks wonderful!
It is amazing, but not surprising, I guess, that the older track pieces allowed more design options than the modern Sport track. Oh, if we only had those pieces to add to our layouts!!!

Once again, congratulations on both your video and layout!
Cheers!

If you want to fit some old track sections into your layout you can always use the converter pieces to combine the two

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay, not as interesting this one but I did this as a test just before I did the other video...

The effect on the photos is done in Photoshop Kev, I've got this set of filters which replicates various film styles, the one on the pictures is suppossed to be 1970s Polaroid colouring I think, If you wanted to stick a few pictures up I'd be happy to take them and repost with the filter on so you can see how they'd come out?

#23 ·
QUOTE (cube @ 17 May 2011, 16:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I'm going to have to do a commentary for the video now, it people wanted to suggest names for the four drivers and suitably amusing lines of dialogue, then I'll try and string all the best bits together and persuade an actor friend to do a classic under-enthused clipped English accent voice over...any takers?
I think you should call the Mercedes driver Haas. Then your commentator can say "they zoom into the next corner, Haas first"

#24 ·
QUOTE (cube @ 17 May 2011, 16:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I'm going to have to do a commentary for the video now, it people wanted to suggest names for the four drivers and suitably amusing lines of dialogue, then I'll try and string all the best bits together and persuade an actor friend to do a classic under-enthused clipped English accent voice over...any takers?

For sure a prime contender would be Captain Ricketts owner/proprietor of the Dreadnought Motor Traction Co, of Wantage, (played by Terry-Thomas in the St.Trinians classic Blue Murder at..... ) scroll through the youtube clip if you have to (you'll miss other contenders too!) to 0.42.25 and you'll get the picture.

Best of British!

scalexkid

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Excellent suggestions, so, so far it's

Jochen Haas: Sunbeam Tiger No.6 for choc-ice ("....and it's Haas first into the hairpin.....")
Captain Rickets: Triumph TR4 No.2 for scalexkid

Two more suggestions required for the Mercedes drivers!

Kev I'd love to have a go at some of your Jouef pics, will pick some out.

And more pictures of my track as requested (not just for my own indulgence obviously...)

10 extra points if you can guess what's on the windowsill.

Looming in the distance here on the last shot is the radiator of doom which ate the spoiler off my Protoslotkit 908 yesterday. Dammit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.