SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some very sad news for the older ex Ecra/Bscra members of this Forum and for slot racing in general, i have been informed that the Bath club is to close down early next year.

Roy Norwood [club secretary] and Tony Condon together have decided to organise a farewell meeting for 1/32 retro cars on Sunday 2nd January, the classes are as follows:
1/32 pre 1961 Gp
1/32 pre 1964 Sports and GT's
1/32 pre 1960 Gp ready to run's only
Apart from the RTR's the other classes are to be run to the North London rule's, details of the rules can be found in the "Vintage" section of Chris Frost's site.
The track is 4 lane routed timber with copper tape for pick up's and plenty of power, surface is gloss finish.

The club address is:
Percy Boys Club
New King Street
Bath

For more details contact Tony on:
[email protected]

[oneofwos]

·
Alan Tadd
4,038 Posts
This is very sad news as this was the Club I joined and raced at for many happy years in the late 60's/70's.

I was very grateful to John when he sent me a PM to inform me of the News.

I haven't spoken to Roy (Norwood) yet but I imagine he will be devastated.

The really sad part about it is the Club is not closing down through a lack of Members but due to The owners of the site, Bath City Council, wanting to use the building for other purposes.

Please try and come to the last meeting, the Bath track was (is) something special.

I'll be there trying to find old friends.

Regards

Alan

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
sorry to hear of the demise of the club I'll try to make the event if at all possible Its sad to see another quality track dissapear

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
What's happening to the actual track? Not that I've got the space to set it up or money to buy it. Just curious.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark
Not sure how "portable" this track is or if it was built with ease of dismantling in mind, you would have to contact Roy Norwood about that as he would have been involved in building the thing.
If a person or group were seriously interested in saveing the track for a new club at a new location then i am sure that the Bath club would be more than pleased to help in any way possible.
[oneofwos]

·
Alan Tadd
4,038 Posts
If any one wants Roy Norwoods telephone number, I can let you have it.

It would be really great if this track could be saved.

Regards

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.