SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Pleased to announce the date for the 1/32 retro meeting at NLondon.
It will be held on Saturday 29th May as a warm up for the Clubman 32 round being held the next day [Sunday 30th] , so there will be a whole weekend of Scalefest!
The classes will be pre 1961 Gp/Indy500 and pre 1971 Saloon/Sedan, rules are now posted on the Chris Frost and AB Slotsport sites together with club address and directions.
The track is a 4 lane , 96.5' long timber track with smooth painted surface and wired to BSCRA standards with battery/charger supply [Chris Frost has a link to the NLSME from his site].
The tyres of choice for years have been the MRRC "Vinyl" type tyres however i have tested Ortman tyres and found them to work very well, i am sure other types will work also but the above i know work!
Hope you all can make it.
[oneofwos]

·
John Roche
4,202 Posts
I'm really quite sorry that I can't make it due to my holiday.

The rules look good
though I didn't notice a minimum ground clearance.

Are you only running the two classes, there are others listed at abslotsport?

Any chance of another meeting later in the year?

John

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John
Sorry you cannot make it but i am sure there will be other dates later in the year, all depends on what kind of interest we get.
The rules are updated from the 80's but allowing modern type motors such as Falcons Etc Etc to be used, this was to allow people to build without the need for searching hard to find original parts although we do encourage people to run as original equipment as possible, the rules were also intended to allow the all out BSCRA type racer to have a go at scale without the strict rules that normally go with it, the ground clearance being carried over from our normal club practice that cars that are a hazard to other competitors or are damaging the track shall be removed, however you can run them as high as you like.
Ian Fisher updated all the original classes so they could be used for future meetings, the 1.5 litre F1 class used to be very popular as was sports but this last one got a bit out of hand with people pushing the rules to the limits!
Cheers
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All
Just a reminder that the NLondon 1/32 retro meeting is on the 29th [Saturday] of this month with the Clubman 32 meeting on the 30th [Sunday].
Hope some of you retro nuts can make it , it's a good opportunity to swop/ purchase bits from other racers so bring what ever you have.
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got your cars ready?
The meeting is only just over a week away, Saturday week to be precise so don't delay. We a hopeing people will bring item to sell or trade so it will be a good chance to find that bit you lost on that car many moons ago!
For directions please go to : http://uk.geocities.com/slot_racing/
There you will find information regarding map/directions for the NLSME in the "club/raceway" section, the track is housed in the society headquarters.
Hope to meet some of the regular forum members there.
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah !!!
Thought i forgot something!
Doors open at 8 am and visitors will get priority practice over the regulars, racing will be starting around 10.30 am [ish].
The track will be cleaned prior to the event and direction of travel will be decided on the day.There will be trophies for the first 3 places in each class and trophies for the winners of "concours" for each class.
Entry fee is a most reasonable £6 per class or £10 for both.
[oneofwos]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts